Relapsed Tonight Meth IV

Well after 26 days I’ve relapsed it really fucking sucks but I’m trying not to beat myself up I broke my own boundaries I put up and I guess I’m not as strong as I thought. That 26 days is the longest I’ve been clean since I was probably in the 7th grade I’m 26 now this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. Any advice is appreciated

9 Likes

Start again. Day one. A new beginning.

You know your capable of 26 days, if you can do that, you can get to that again and beyond.

Im at 113 days and I never thought id make it this far again.

I have using urges daily now, but if I use meth again, I know I’m just throwing my life away even further than I already have the last ten yrs using.

Work out why you want to stay clean.

Write a list out of what makes you happy in life.

Write a list of what you want to achieve.

Read these lists every morning. Every night.

They will remind you why you are staying clean.

You have to know your why’s, and you have to be honest about them.

Get some rest when you can and wake up and reset your counter and begin your new journey.

Your worth it :pray::tada::heart:

12 Likes

Look just because you messed up doesn’t mean you can’t pick yourself right back up. We all make mistakes and sometimes its hard to keep boundaries.
But, you can’t start tomorrow and try it again. it’s not worth it to keep chasing after that lifestyle it’s gonna get you absolutely no where. All you have to do is reach out to others in recovery … you need to get support system that can call you on your shit … and that can help prevent doing this again.

2 Likes

Just dont let the use continue, the cycle goes on when we start the self doubt and disappointed feeling all over again. Have to try pull yourself back from the ledge, maybe try a NA meeting might help to get you back on track. Take care, God bless.:pray:

2 Likes

Sometimes its not my strength that got me through things it was admitting my weaknesses that help me see where i was loosing my footing.

1 Like

Day 17 off Meth poison here, you can do it, no urges my doc has me on naltrexone and think it is helping.

2 Likes

Hey thank you that really spoke to me this morning your absolutely right

2 Likes

Thank you so much appreciate it

Mate you must not let the guilt shame etc. Take control, sounds so cliche but you cannot let yourself be controlled by those negative emotions experienced after a lapse. And I’d tell me to fuck off with this advice but it’s true, you did what 26 days, that’s fkn sweet now just try again n will right back on track.

Recognizing that slip ups are a part of the journey is essential cos they will happen u just gotta make sure they stay a slip up and not become full time use again. If you manage that alone than your still making progress mate.

Don’t be so hard on yourself giving up drugs is fkn insanely hard so don’t be down on urself for this, just learn what mistake led to the relapse n remember it n then when ur getting sober time again n there is one less thing to make u use again

1 Like

Your absolutely right thank you

Just read this. I am in recovery from meth IV user and heroin and I am a year, 7 months and 10 days sober. Recovery IS possible. Do not quit before the miracle happens. My worst day sober is better than my best day high and I never want to go back to that hell that I left. I really hope you are sober and found your way back. I will pray for you.

3 Likes

Well don’t beat yourself up, just don’t pick again…… you didn’t let the miracle happen give recovery a chance. Because you deserve it, and life is too short.

1 Like

[you have to change people places and things

1 Like

I’ve been sober for 20 years. I used meth for about 2 years. It was bad quick . I pretty much work for it. Then I got pregnant with my first child, I quit cold turkey. I’ll admit I did it once 5 years later. And I realized I didn’t want to go back to that life. I had 2 daughters to raise by then ages 2 & 4. And I was a newly single mom moving my family to change. I left their father because he was still using, that’s how I started. Not to mention , I grew up around it. My parents used too. I vowed never to touch it but … yeah.

So it’s ok just keep on keeping on and don’t do it again. We’re all human. :+1:t4::wink:

2 Likes

at least you acknowledge and accept your mess up no just pick yourself back up and move on we are all humans and we all make mistakes

1 Like

Positive thoughts your way, isn’t the end of the world. You’ll be alright dude, keep trying!!!

3 Likes