Relapsed tonight, tomorrow is a new day

Hey guys, i relapsed tonight on alcohol. Drank a couple of old fashioned’s. I didnt get drunk but, regardless, i still have to reset my clock. Im bummed out but i made it 18 days, which i didnt think i was capable of doing. I have more confidence in myself now and after drinking tonight I’m coming to a more profound realization that drinking is pointless. I wish i had more to say but honestly it all sounds like excuses to me at this point.

8 Likes

Hey good morning. Reset and don’t beat yourself up. Remember everyday is a new day and with it comes choices and decisions to drink or not. Take care. xxx

4 Likes

Tap into that confidence and go for it again!

2 Likes

Correct!
Get back up! get back on! Don’t beat yourself up, but look to changes, that will help you beat this next time.
Do you have a plan, are you working some sort of program?

4 Likes

Well now you know! And if you can make it 18, why not more?

What helped me was really thinking on why I needed to stop drinking, my last drunk night was a bit of a shit show which definitely helped! Holding on to those feelings of shame, anxiety and regret has made a difference. If I think about drinking now, that’s what I make myself remember. Play that tape to the end. Keep hold of what you’re feeling like now (and all those other times that made you want to quit) and use it to make sure you never feel like this again. But be kind to yourself too, think of the things you could do if you keep putting those days together and appreciate all of the positive things that come from you being sober :heart:

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting they help wish you well

Mine too. I lost a really expensive coat and have no memory of it. :frowning:

You’re not alone - just hit reset myself -
The first days seems so slow- I i really want the momentum so I am going to do more self care and checking in here

1 Like

“drinking is pointless” Just by realizing that, you know you’re on a good path. All the best on your journey

1 Like

Get back up and try again. The only way we’ll beat this disease is to never quit.

Hi Friend, i just made an account JUST so I could respond. I also ended up drinking yesterday. I made it 3 days. 3 freaking days. Last year i made it 108 days, trying again. We can do it. I reset and i am surprisingly in a good mood today, i feel like i can do this. Best wishes friend.

1 Like