Relapsed...unfortunately

These sorts of lovely feedbacks is the very reason you are here :heart:

1 Like

I know. It will get hard. And harder. But I will try to resist. That is a promise.

1 Like

Trust me…after 2 or 3 months, your attitude and thoughts begin to change, a calm and happiness happens. I’m at 7 months now. I went back to school in September to work on my bachelor’s degree, and I just started a 2nd job doing OT with kids. I could have never done this stuff when I was drinking. I was in an angry, lonely place. I’m a much better mom, sister, daughter and friend now. I also started going to a new church with a friend, and a couple weeks ago the pastor had us bow our heads to pray. When he asked us to thank God for all he is doing in our lives I realized that I was smiling ear to ear. I’m not overly religious, but I do believe in God, and I know his hand was on my shoulder the msny times I got behind the wheel drunk, sometimes with my son in the car. And, to find the strength I did to finally say “I’m done”, and to be able to resist every time, feeling stronger every time. I don’t crave it or miss it anymore. But I felt kind of mad about it at first. I was especially irritated by my family, who drinks…some more than others. But, I know what it’s doing to them. And I know what it isn’t doing to me anymore. I think that if drinkers knew what I have, they’d want it too! Stay strong, it’s so worth it. You will NEVER regret not drinking, I promise you that!

4 Likes

Respect to you and your accomplishments :heart: I do wish I could find solice in God. As a scientific academic, faith in him is a gift I have yet to recieve. I try to find faith in myself…

1 Like

Try not to be too hard on yourself! (I should really take my own advice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) We’ve all been there and it does suck but we just have to keep trying. I’ve personally had to reset about 8 times. I reset again just yesterday unfortunately. I believe we can do this though! Just keep working on it :heart:

2 Likes

Lets do it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not how many times u fall but how many times you get back up!!
The very fact that your on here and talking about it and admitting it to yourself is big time progress !! Keep going!!!

2 Likes

Hi. I wanted to clarify…I know that not drinking was my doing. No one could do it for me, not even God. I know they can say that He can do amazing things, but if we wait for God to do it, we could be waiting our whole lives. We have to take action. But, for me, church and God are positive things in my life that help me to keep accountable. A relationship with God is different for everyone. For me, maybe losing (or mostly all) any cravings or urges to drink could be the work of God. But I like to know the why and how of things. I know that drinking alcohol makes me want more, eating sugar makes me want more. So, cutting alcohol out, eventually decreased my urge for more. It’s not really the alcohol I even want anymore, but a memory, or a feeling. Well, I know there are scientific reasons, concrete explanations for the why and how of our behavior. But for me, (although I haven’t gone to church in a few weeks) it just feels nice to be in a community of nice people who are celebrating life and faith.

I’m so very sorry for your relapse and I know you’re feeling down about it so please know that what I’m about to say comes from love…you did not relapse because of your exam, rather you let that be your excuse to relapse. Take it from a very “successful” relapser, the only thing that makes us relapse is the words we say to ourselves in our own head.

You can do this. Support is the best chance for success. Either your family or us…let those be the voices of encouragement!!

:sparkling_heart: