Relapses HELP

NEW HERE *
Is there any way to mark a relapse in the calendar?

1 Like

I was wondering the same, addiction got the better of me this time around, now I will get the better hand, welcome to the app! It’s helped me

1 Like

Welcome!! So glad to have you apart of this amazing group :slight_smile: when you open the app it will bring up your clean time on the screen. Theres options at the bottom and one of them says reset. If you hit that it will restart your time for you. At least that’s what I do lol

2 Likes

Thank you! I stumbled upon this app unintentionally. I was doing good 2 months and 11 days. I was fortunate enough to do it with no help counseling, meetings, meds etc… and then today, today became the day I had feared. I have NEVER had any troubles saying no with it in my face. But the one time it wasnt in my face became the only time within the past 2 months 11 days that I actually WANTED it.

I felt that since it has relapse hashtags topical etc it would be cool to be able to edit the calendar to your specific situations to look back and see the progress within the days to come .

Thank you for the help, we all got this!

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the help! I seen that feature which is very beneficial but I was wondering if you could mark down a relapse without restarting all over if that makes sense. Not meaning as in cheating and still claiming the past days before relapse but just to view the statistics in the end to see the path of progress, and what all was overcame.

Alot of us here are the same, I had 90 days in, addiction is a life time deal, sad to say, I know people who had 10+ years under them and let go, I know addiction consuler who sturggeled with addiction, day by day!

1 Like

That is very true! It is awful but we can overcome it all within time! We just cant give up! Chase the sober dreams until you make it reality!

That’s pretty huge doing it all on your own, your tough,I had to go away and seek help,you have a good mindset!

1 Like

It wasnt a walk in the park. Everyone is different but it was nothing like the horrid stories I’ve heard of others and how i had it played out to be in my head. I’m very thankful to be able to of done it for so long without seeking assistance, really kicking myself for throwing it all away tho. All my hard work, my first relapse.

1 Like

There’s a history and stats link at the bottom of your counter and I think that takes into account everything (sober days and slips). I haven’t reset so I’m not positive.

1 Like

I would think if you reset your timer then that shows as a relapse. There’s stats on the home screen.

3 Likes

Welcome I’m not sure I’m still kinda of New

Welcome! And yes, there is a way to mark relapses. On your Sober Time app homescreen, down at the bottom, you can toggle into a menu that shows…reset…that is where you log any relapse. Hope this helps!

Hello. I’m new to the forum but definately not new to alcoholism. I have been a hard drinker since I was 16(41 years ago). I started because i wanted to see what my parents got out of it. They used to party lots and it seemed to me that it made life and socializing more fun. And look and behold it did. I became a social butterfly and the life of the party. It was great!! So I thought. I landed in jail a few times. Hurt myself and others a lot of times, could have killed someone many times while driving drunk and lost jobs of course. You would figure all this would make me want to quit but being the life of the party was more important. I WAS POPULAR AND INVINCIBLE!! My social fun life turned into one of loner depressed closet drinking. July of 2019 it finally hit home when I realized what I really was. A drinking buddy being used by so called friends who I put before my family. The feeling of @#$% bag came over me. I finally decided enough is enough and quit. I have had a few relapses and felt like crap afterwards. I did not think it would be difficult but I was obviously wrong. It is a life long battle that I am now determined to win. Once I quit all my friends disappeared. I realize now they were not true friends. For my family I will try my hardest to succeed. Reading through these forums and attending meetings regular seems to be helping but the bug is still there. I am now self isolated except for work and meetings.With that I will end this for now and keep plugging away. I hope this is appropriate for this thread and if not i apologize deeply.

3 Likes

God bless :pray: