Remembering the bullying I went through

So I’m writing a genderfluid character in a book, and they used to be abused because of it by their parents and I wrote a flashback of the abuse and the father called them a f@gg*t and I just broke down in tears writing that scene because I know what it’s like to be called that and it’s not fun. I was bullied all throughout middle school for being lgbt and all of the memories are flooding back to me right now and I’m just laying here crying. Why do people have to be so goddamn mean? I really don’t understand why they bullied me. Even if I wanted to change who I am I wouldn’t but it just sucks that I got so much hate for it. People don’t realize how damaging calling people that is. Like it was created because in Ireland they used to wrap gay people in a white sheet and burn them alive. Like that’s what the word means, it means cigarette in Irish. Because they used to burn lgbt people alive. People need to realize that it is not a nice word, and calling someone that can emotionally damage them for life. I don’t get why people can’t just love whoever they want without hate. I really don’t understand it.

3 Likes

spent my youth being bullied and my adult life feeling invisible.
1 Like

The origin you mention is, thank god, a myth, but it doesn’t make being called that word any better. I am sorry that you were so mistreated. Best not to dwell on the whys of the bullies. They are not worth your memories and your pain.
That’s great that you’re writing a book!! So impressive. I’m sure your character will be as strong as you are

1 Like

I totally understand what’s your saying,and I’m sorry you had to go through this,but at the end of the day your still here and it can only shape you into who you are today.my daughter /son is transgender and him and me are on a journey of discovery he’s 16 and we have to fight our way through the system to get any support service but we try to do it with the understanding that life doesn’t happen all at once it happens in steps some forward some back but always looking ahead , remember to glance bk to your life and that saddnrss even feel that saddness then turn around look forward and see where you are today.YOUR AMAZING AND STRONG .stay safe be happy live life​:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

3 Likes