Replace booze with what drink?

I have insomnia and that’s one of the many reasons I used to drink. I usually slept quite a long time but it wasn’t quality sleep. Yesterday I had a few cravings and ended up having coffee and tea. So guess what? I’m still awake. Lol.

My question is what is your favorite non-alcoholic drink when you get that craving? I’m only on day 9 and every day is an experience.

2 Likes

Maybe switch to decaf after 2pm? I liked fizzy water, LaCroix lemon or lime, in the early days.

Congrats on your 9 days!

4 Likes

My youngest daughter loves La Croix. A ton of alcoholics I know drink that stuff and I find it a bit funny. She couldn’t believe it when I told her about it.

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking a bit too much coffee and green tea to keep me going so I haven’t been sleeping too well the past couple nights myself. I bought some herbal and decaf detox teas for the evening now. And for cold drinks I’ve been trying kombucha to hopefully replenish the good bacteria in my gut. And when I’m at work, where I used to drink almost every day, I do soda water with a bit of lime juice so theres no empty calories.

2 Likes

I drink herbal teas. Switch 'm around a bit. Right now I drink a lot of chamomile. I like ginger, mint, Greek mountain tea. Drink a least a litre at night and fall asleep fine. Just wake up more than when I drank. Dream more too but I still feel a lot better rested in the mornings these days since I don’t experience the comalike state induced by alcohol no more.

2 Likes

Try Yogi Detox herbal tea. No caffeine & claims to be good for liver and kidney health.

2 Likes

Definitely, like others say, sparkling water. I’m a Bubly fan.

2 Likes

I like cranberry, soda water, and lime. As long as you were not a vodka and soda type :wink:. Opinions seem to be about 50-50 on wether or not virgin type drinks can be a slippery slope to a craving. Day 12 for me and great job!!!

1 Like

Bubbly is so much better than La Croix IMO. I’m drinking apple but love all of their flavors. It’s good stuff and I’m sure it’s putting a hurting on La Croix.

2 Likes

I’m sipping on flavored Pellegrino waters

2 Likes

I like tea. There are so many, you could probably find one you like.

1 Like

Being English I cannot recommend any other drink more highly than a good cup of tea. We drink it after a crisis, we drink it during a crisis, we drink it at work, first thing in the morning and have one in bed.

We start our children on a “milky tea” so it’s not too strong in the same way the French do with wine.
In appointments we are offered tea, in hospital we drink tea.
We drink tea at sporting events and we carry tea around in a flask.
We have so many different blends of tea from breakfast tea, earl grey and builders tea.
We have men that drive around in old fashioned vans from the 1920’s delivering tea to your doorstep weekly.

I’m from Yorkshire and so prefer Yorkshire tea.

10 Likes

I LOOOOVVVEEE Yorkshire Tea! Matter of fact, my English comrade, I’m currently on brew number two of the morning…:rofl: :+1: I have been drinking a large Jamaican ginger beer with lots of ice at ‘booze’ time. I think I gotta cut that out sometimes though. Something I am drinking/eating at nighttime is making me feel dreadful in the mornings??.. but you definitely can not go wrong with herbal tea. I love fennel, chamomile or snore and peace herbal teas. I must add that Yorkshire tea is definitely the best tea ever! Lol x​:two_hearts::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Do whatever you have to do right now. It takes a little time to be able to sleep normally. I used sleep and relaxation apps. It varies for everyone, but took me about 3 months to be able to fall asleep normally once in a while.

1 Like

I know someone who might have something to say about that.

@Eke

4 Likes

Yep sugary drinks sit funny with me if I have too much. Not had snore and peace tea, will look out for that! I tend to switch to water (still or sparkling) in the evenings. Can’t beat a proper brew in the day time though.

2 Likes

Lacroix

Ha. Whatever keeps you sober and hydrated!

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this until the forum :thinking:

3 Likes

Tea is such a part of our culture we barely notice it ourselves but outsiders looking in are baffled by the obsession

3 Likes

This tea is perfect for bedtime, it’s delish… you can get it from amazon…

Let me know how you get on if you give them a go xx​:two_hearts::+1:

2 Likes