Reset blues

Man I’m bummed out . . .I was sober for only 24 hours, yet that also feels like I’m trying. I’ve had two beers and a third of a pint of whiskey, but now I’ve stopped which seems to be the hardest and best feeling. I’m sorry.
Im pretty stoked I can come to this app even if no one says anything, I feel better saying this somewhere.
Thanks

6 Likes

It’s okay…keep trying don’t give up!

1 Like

I’m happy you came back as well, it’s a great place to be if you want to be sober. It sounds like you’re going to have to adjust your lifestyle a lot to put yourself on the path you want to be. I know that might not be what you want to hear… It’s simple and complicated- for things to change you need to change.

4 Likes

I’m completely my first week clean. But, I had some bears and I was weak. I’m sad because I have to reset my timer

1 Like

Hey @Hermitolino, why did you decide to have those drinks?

1 Like

The first step is making the effort and realizing you need to change! The actual change takes some time figure out. I use to be a chronic relapser myself in my early days of sobriety and now I am at 612 days sober. It not about the relapses as much as it is learning from it to get that momentum.

5 Likes

Man one of the the hardest parts of getting sober and staying sober was to keep trying after relapse. Never give up.

3 Likes

I don’t know. I meet a couple of friends and had some beers on their home. When I leave their house I go for a little bit of cocaine.
I know which that was a bad choice. This time I use just a little, but if I keep drink I will keep use more and more.
Addicts can’t use nothing.
Sorry about my bad English

1 Like

I read your post yesterday, and it sounds like you have some health issues. Come on man, alcohol isn’t worth it. Time to clean up, and start living a healthy life you deserve.

2 Likes

I understand. I know this might be very obvious but, you should stay away from those friends. Choosing to be sober is a huge lifestyle change. It sounds like you really want sobriety, it’s definitely possible for you. If you think you’re going to drink at a friend’s house, don’t go. You’ll wake up feeling happier and healthier.

4 Likes

Good point lionfish. And ya sometimes it’s a bummer to hear that. Actually all the time lol. However this time feels different and that makes me happier. Thanks

2 Likes

You is right. I’m little afraid to be alone sometimes and that makes me going meet some friend which I can’t meet for now. But sadly one week sober was one week alone. The fight continues for zero today.
Thanks for the words

1 Like

Loneliness is really hard. You could meet some new people at an AA meeting? I haven’t been to one, but I can see it being really helpful for someone that doesn’t have many sober friends.

Nice to have you here, hope to see you posting more :blush:

1 Like

Haha I feel you on that, a lot of people actually “mourn” the loss of drinking. It’s hard, it’s a big change. I’m happy you’re feeling positive, that’s all you need is the desire, then go from there.

I will star to goes to the meetings this week.
I hope meet some nice people in there. I want start workout too. And try meet some people in the gym. My only three friends are addicts like me.

2 Likes

Oh man, I feel your struggle. Don’t worry though, keep the fight going man. It sucks but it’s better than the alternative.

1 Like

Thanks man. We will the path for the sobriety sometime. We just keep trying and really want to be clean.
Sorry about my bad English.