Reset for the th time

Starting over for the 5th time. I was sober for 3 years but this time round I just can’t stop going to the shop at 5pm and getting wine, I even drink it in secret and hide it from my husband and my son x

4 Likes

This place has helped me get back on track and stop drinking.

I had been sober for a long time and decided to try drinking like a gentleman again.

It didn’t work out, I kept trying to quit but I couldn’t stay sober for very long.

I found this forum and it helps me stay focused on recovery. I haven’t drank in 23 months. Glad your here! Welcome!

4 Likes

Dont beat yourself up over it !! Your human we all make mistakes and choices that arent good for us.

Start again.
I totally can relate to what your saying here, im on day 20 today and wine was my favourite, i didnt think i could stop again.
This time around is definitely harder than the last time i gave up for 8 yrs, been drinking the past year and half and i do know from other people and experience that each relapse funny enough helps us to learn something about our selves.

Id suggest perhaps changing your routine a bit around 5pm, dont put too much pressure on yourself, try and have something different to look forward to and even get to a meeting a 5pm or even before to help yourself.

If its impossible to get out to a face to face meeeting there are zoom meetings available and this can be very helpful for you to get in the right frame of mind and get more support as well as this app,

This is a link for a 24 hour zoom meeting there is no password, you do not have to have your camera on or even speak until your ready:

292 371 2604

Have a lovely day and remember dont put to much pressure on yourself.
X

1 Like

I use the zoom 24 hour meeting, its really positive experience and helps.

Sometimes i speak other times i just join the meeting on zoom with my camera off and ear phones in while cleaning, walking home from shopping anytime.

X

2 Likes

When I lived on my own and I used to hide my drink who from …? Probably myself and the shame i felt drinking it break that cycle of going shops book a swim session work later do anything once that cycle is broken it gets easier but stay strong and use that will power you have we all have it just need to find it …

2 Likes

Thank you all for your advise I will try the zoom meetings, I can’t do face to face due to being a full time career x

1 Like

You can do this! :orange_heart: