Reset timer. AGAIN

Y’all, Ive reset my timer AGAIN. I’m determined this time. I really am. I think I really hit me this morning when I stepped on the scale and had gained 35 pounds!!! Hardly ANY of my clothes fit. I’m disgusted.

5 Likes

I’m going through the same problem, your not alone, it’s not about how many times u fall it’s about getting back up everytime, until u make it👍

6 Likes

@Sunnyskies let’s hold each other accountable then. Daily messages. Where are you from? I have 3 boys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement. Let’s message on this thread daily for daily encouragement

Of course, I don’t have any children, but I want some one day when I find the right girl and become a better shape as well in working on that still

I’m into checking in daily for accountability.

4 Likes

Ok check in daily on this thread!

1 Like

No problem, see u tomorrow

Me too, unfortunately: reset timer AGAIN.
Day 1. I feel ashamed, disgusted and hungover.
It’s absolutely not worth it. The booze, I mean.
What do we get for that moment or two of “buzz” (or whatever)?
The post alcohol depression, the guilt and the shame, the anxiety attacks.

6 Likes

Just reset for the first time. Made it to 125 days then the sun and the relaxed summer vibe cooled me into thinking I’d be ok. Morning after I’ve got the runs and feel rubbish. Will NOT let this illness beat me. Day one begins now.

6 Likes

I’ve reset too. Going on all inclusive holiday on Saturday and I’m NOT going to drink! We can do this!

4 Likes

I’m going in 2 weeks. Booze is not an option. We can all do this.

5 Likes

Hey just checkin up, reminding u of wat ur goal is not to give up

2 Likes

I’m here just about to hit 24 hours. I can’t keep doing this to myself or my friends or family. So I’m going to try again. Thanks for Checking

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter how many times u reset the timer, u have the will, your determination will strengthen at each failure. It’s gonna happen one day, u just have to keep trying. Let us know, we r all with each other. I am 11 days, normally strong until about 40 odd, then the cheating happens with the sly odd one, until I’m back to the start!! I just hope this time!!!

4 Likes

Hi gang.
Lot of people resetting here.
Can I make a suggestion. Well going to anyway!:grin:
Some of this you may already be aware of, I don’t know your history.
Getting sober is not just not picking up!
You have to work at it because, yes that little voice will turn round and try to get you to pick up when your feeling better, or down, or angry or just because…!
Make a plan, look at what you did before you reset, and now up your game.
What else can you do?
A few that spring to mind, and as I said, I don’t know anything about what you have been doing, but
No alcohol/ drugs in the house.
Don’t go anywhere where you easily get it
Start looking at things to do to distract yourself when you get urges.
Go to AA, or other related services. Have a good read around on here. Search old topics, search the internet. There is Loads of information to help us.
Most of all stick to your decision to stop, what ever that little shit of a voice trys to tell you.:grinning:

30 Likes

Loving this assertiveness Geoff!!

3 Likes

Oh Fran you’re such a lovely little ray of sunshine. If every recovery program had someone like you… Well there’d be a lot more happy people! :heart_eyes::hugs::grinning:

2 Likes

From what are you trying to be free? Alcohol? Weed? Food?

Amen to that :open_hands:

1 Like