Reseting after 30 days

I haven’t drink 1 month today…and I’m in company where is everyone drinking, I couldn’t handle it so I drank a bit of vodka…My cravings was so bad, I just want to warn everyone to not go with people who drink untlill you are not ready to do it.

4 Likes

Yes indeed. Wise to avoid triggers wherever possible.

3 Likes

I reset after about 30 days too, and tried to drink moderately for a few months, but failed. I reset on 12/26 and am focused on 1 day at a time, but with the goal of 365 days. WE CAN do this. I am a little sad because some of my good friends are heavy drinkers - and I’ve realized I can’t hang around them for a while. Until I am strong with my “no thanks” game. :slight_smile: hang in there!

2 Likes

I sent a message out to all of my neighbors who form our “social” aka drinking circle that I wouldn’t be around for a while…basically to not come knocking on my door with a beer in hand because I cannot be around the triggers. So far it seemed to have the desired effect. Be prepared though, it is a bit of a lonely road mentally…I have become quite introspective and started reading :open_book: on Chinese Tao based concepts…it has helped me see things in a different light.

4 Likes

My friens knew i shouldn’t drink but they don’t understand how the problem is hard. They drink too much and just don’t get it… Today my boyfriend asked me if don’t want to go to his friend’s house and this happened…

1 Like

You know ur limits of what u are ready to handle from this point forward. Set boundaries, u can and will conquer this problem, but u cannot (I cannot)…we cannot place ourselves in situations where we know we will be tempted beyond our control any longer. I look around and can count 7 alcoholics at an arms length in my close knit neighborhood…I don’t even need to go anywhere to be around it! I flat out cannot be near them or around them, even when they are not drinking because they are the same toxic personalities they were before, they just haven’t reached a point in their lives that they are willing to make a change. I cast no judgement, because I am flawed myself, but I recognize their issues and I refuse to allow them to make their issues, my issue any longer…I have enough issues of my own to bear.

3 Likes

Most importantly…don’t beat urself up over it. Stop where you are and start over again. U have the ability to beat this and people want you to succeed. We have all slipped or we wouldn’t be here. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Thank you… I didn’t want to drink and I didn’t feel any needs untill this day, but i will isolate from this people. But I’m disappointed for myself…

Isolate at least until your willpower matches your desire to remain sober and overrides your urge to drink. Use your disappointment as motivation to be that person you want to be… U can do this.

Something you may want to think about. You are a young adult. Your current relationships might be holding you back from maturing. What are your goals? Where do you see yourself 10 years from today? Marriage. Kids. Career. Education. Owning a home? Owning a business?

We all have to face the day when we realize we need to grow up. Some of our friends may be fighting this. They want to drink and party and keep relationships superficial and casual. They still want to do childish things.

If your friends are holding you back from achieving your dreams, it may be time to find new friends. Someone once told me that I would be the exact same person I am today, in 5 or 10 years, if I hang with the same people, and do the same things. If I want more, I need to change who I associate with, and what I do.

3 Likes