Resetting at 46 days

So Im quitting Cannabis, Cigarettes and DPH right now and with cigarettes and DPH Ive got surprisingly Iittle problems. Cannabis I got 46 days tho and then smoked again. It was so weird because I was really happy with being sober and have a found new lifestyle that improved character and health. But then I decided to just smoke again. And I wasnt even asked. Several times I was asked wether I really wanted it and if I shouldnt rather continue sobriety. Well I didnt really want it but on the other side I did actually want it so I smoked a tiny amount and the horrible thing is: I didnt feel guilty. After the first hit I immediately began craving more. Much more.I didnt even enjoy the high I only wanted more. For the next few hours I totally didnt care that I resetted the timer. It was only until the evening that I got really depressed feeling guilt and hate for myself that I am not able to get my life in order. This morning I woke up with some kind of depressed apathy and a strong sense of guilt but also a craving for more weed. I don’t know what I expect with writing this but it feels a little better to have done it. Its just so frustrating to start from zero after 46 days which I was so proud of Any advice is appreciated.

3 Likes

Hey you! Well done for reaching out and sharing your experience :muscle: Quitting 3 addictios simultaneously Takes alot of effort. Please know that and you are doing an amazing job. We don’t always know why we pick up again, at least that is my experience. When I do pick up the addiction Takes over like a phenomenon of craving, an irresistable yearning for more. In AA they call it physical allergy and mental obsession. I can read both parts in your text, although its a different substance. The shame, guilt and depression is called ”spiritual malady” in AA. But it also has clear biochemical explanations. When you use, your dopamine and seretonin levels shoot to the sky. Or at least to normal levels. Upon withdrawl they are lower than normal making you feel anxiety and all sorts of uncomfortable feelings. Adding to that the psycological aspect of having broken the promise to yourself, doesn’t help.

Be nice to yourself! :purple_heart::pray: I am a believer that we all do the best we can with the current tools we have. You are reaching out and being honest. Honesty, Openmindedness (to other views that you are asking for) and Willingness to try a different life style. That is HOW I have learnt we can recover.

Today you can choose to stay sober and tomorrow you can choose that again. I have chosen that now for 490 days in a row. You can do it too :muscle::muscle::muscle:

Sending you strength and love on your Journey! :muscle::purple_heart: Thank you for being here and sharing. You are helping me to stay sober today :pray:

5 Likes

weed is tough to quit, don’t give up and keep going, get through the first few days of craving and start a new streak.

Thank you that helps. Its just so weird because I dont know why I did it again. These words mean a lot to me right now.