Resetting the app. Again

I’ve relapsed. Again. I’ve really hurt my partner this time. I have no idea why I did it either. I can’t say sorry. I can’t say it won’t happen again. I’m just thoroughly ashamed with myself. Humiliated. Again.

7 Likes

You are human and humans make mistakes. I find that forgiveness of one’s self is key. It’s ok to reset the clock. I’m glad that you are resetting and trying again! Don’t give up on yourself! You deserve a beautiful and happy life!

6 Likes

We have all hurt people we love and humiliated ourselves at one point or another. I know I have, countless times. All you can do is try your best to prevent it from happening again. Don’t give up
:hugs:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. But at least you have the strength and courage to try it again! You know we are all here. Gather your strength and put it into today.

3 Likes

2 steps forward one step back hang in there !!

3 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear this and I think a lot of us have felt exactly how you do. This is the reality of being an addict at a bottom. Keep reaching out, it doesn’t have to be only about addiction. Use your networks. Stay strong. Better days are coming.

4 Likes

Relax. It’s better to stumble on the right path than to have smooth sailing on the wrong path. Don’t be too hard on yourself; I found out the more you beat yourself up, the more likely you are to lose hope and return to drinking. Forgive yourself, and keep moving forward. Best wishes to you!

8 Likes

It’s hard, I know! Can you reach for extra help? Going for AA meetings for example? Try to change someting to learn from this relapse and avoid a second one.

:seedling: Keep going, keep growing :seedling:

1 Like

Print out this message and put it on your mirror or something…some place that you will see every day. Learn it!!

8 Likes

Ive done it again… I know that saying all to well! I too hurt my partner over and over again. I was lucky she didnt leave me. I dont know how she put up with my drinking, honestly… I told her time and time again that i was going to stop, but never did. Hell, it was to the point, she didnt believe me anyways. Shed say, when i see it, ill believe it. Love is a strong and crazy thing. Why do they continue to put up with us? love lol. But when will love not be enough. When will the im sorry’s mean nothing but words. It wasnt until my actions matched up with my words, things started to change for me. And they can for you too! Its never too late to change, never. I got sober for the last time, 456 days ago. Thats a little over 15 months. Ive worked very hard for those days too. Im not gonna say it was easy, but its been worth it. Obviously, the same ole thing isnt working ya know… You can do this, one day at a time. Sometimes, one hour at a time if need be. So what are we going to do differently this time around?

6 Likes

Just reset! I was so close to 1 week. I am terribly disappointed in myself. Today, however, is a new day. One positive thing, it didn’t taste good to me. We can do this!! I think I need to get to a meeting after work today.

5 Likes

Damn man bravo! I’m on day 6 and I just want to get through one day without crying! It hasn’t happened but oh well!!! It’s all apart of growth and cleansing the soul I’m told. Your story is inspiring and I know I have that strength inside of me to! We can do this!!! I thank god for everyday I’m sober cuz I wasn’t doing something right before.

4 Likes

Well, you reset today instead of tomorrow. ╰(´︶`)╯ You’ve got this.

1 Like

You can do it! Even if nobody believes in me I will save that belief I have in myself! I want to beat this and I believe that I can do this! And so can you my dear!!! Keep your head up! :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

Thanks so much for all your replies and support. I broke my ankle 2 and a half weeks ago so I’ve been unable to get to my usual meetings. It’s hard to focus on sobriety when my gf drinks. I know her drinking is not and excuse for me to drink. I’ve been sober for 2/3 months with her still drinking around me. But I was horrible to her last night. And I just don’t know how to fix it. She won’t let me hug her or anything.

3 Likes

I’ve seen your posts before and I know you’re tough as nails :slight_smile: it’s okay not to be perfect and your partner will hopefully understand, seeing as how (from an older post you made) it sounds like she struggles a bit too, or at the very least, understands how tempting giving in can be.

We’re here for you! :heart:

4 Likes

If I remember correctly your saying for a hot minute was “keep on swimming.” Well, gather your shit and get to swimming!

If your looking for something to help you out while you are unable to get to a meeting listen to the podcast Since Right Now. I think it’s a great mix of regular life stuff and sobriety/recovery stuff. Plus the guys are hilarious. And definitely keep checking in here!

1 Like

Fact that you are admitting you had to reset the app to me shows strength. Don’t bash yourself. Just restart and try again. And if u hit reset then try again. We are all here to support u

2 Likes

I’ve got to do this on my own. I know it’s my choice to be sober… or to drink. It’s her choice to drink. I can’t make her stop drinking. On of my friends stopped drinking when I was around. Looking back, I appreciated what he did. I know I can’t just have one drink. I’ll never be able to drink sensibly. I just need to man up and get on with it.

3 Likes

My “just keep swimming” sort of drowned last night in alcohol.
Seriously though, how do I listen to a pod cast? I’ll Google it.
Thanks @Meggers

2 Likes