Resetting the timer

Back on day 2 I have reached out to alcohol support services this time. I need to bite the bullet and deal with my shame to move past all this. Could really use some support.

6 Likes

Don’t give up no matter what. I mean that in every way possible. Day 2!!! That’s a huge accomplishment because well we are still alive

I don’t think anyone can force us to pick up. We don’t need to.

1 Like

Dont let the shame and guilt fester can be like a splinter seems small and harmless but can get inflamed an infected cause real problems. Good to see you back an im glad your able to be here with us.:+1:

1 Like

You can do this. Use your shame as an insentive to move forward. Yes, you did the things you did, and you were the person you were; but you have the choice to be whatever you want to be going forward.

1 Like

Thank you all. Right now I’m worried it will take so long to get professional help. Just taking it a day at a time

Maybe join a AA group? There is no waitinglist for that. Ore online meetings?

2 Likes

@Winter19 congratulations on 2 days! Reading this app and reaching out on here has helped me tremendously. Being honest about my feelings, emotions, and behavior is key for me and this forum gives a 24/7 outlet for that.

I second finding a meeting asap. I cant do it alone.

2 Likes

Thank you are you doing smart recovery or AA?