Restart my journey

I got weak today…I Had a very stressfull day and bite my nails again. I knew that this wont be easy but I didnt knew it would bei that hart to Stop Nail biting…I hate my self die that…i dont Like my self because of the Look of my Hands… i want to be normal…
Please If you have any Tips let me know… I tried the Nail polish with Bad Taste and Fake nails…

Hi there. I have a compulsion disorder that is similar to yours so I definitely understand your frustration and feelings of insecurity. Unfortunately I do not currently have mine under control so I can’t offer any super solid advice. One thing I can say is that the times that I was able to successfully battle it, I had to really force myself to be consciously aware that I was doing it. 'Cuz otherwise I usually don’t even realize it!! So I had to work really hard at focusing on my triggers AND the actual physical act of the compulsion. Once I was consciously noticing I was doing it, I could make myself stop and that worked for quite a while. The only other thing I can think to suggest is to find ways to keep your hands busy (as the saying goes, “Idle hands are the devil’s playground” :smirk:) or even covered. Keep stress balls on hand to squeeze. Take up a craft like cross-stitch or stringing beads or making friendship bracelets. Maybe learn to play an instrument. And possibly find a comfortable pair of lightweight gloves/mittens to wear during really hard times as a barrier. Just some ideas. :woman_shrugging: