Restarting again - Day 2

I failed at 19 days - it happened so fast - found a hook up and smoked meth again - the more I quick then weaker I get - and you may say the more I restart the stronger I get - this will be a week of getting over being sick, mixed with guilt and condemnation - I hate this - if you believe in prayer - please pray /

6 Likes

One day at a time. Be proud you are back. Today just focus on today. And agree with @Jenifer… NA support may be just what you need!

2 Likes

@Jenifer @MagicMama - just started in the intherooms.com - went to my first NA zoom and now listening to AA meeting - ty - I’m not a bad guy - just trying to get it right

4 Likes

Not a bad guy at all. We have all been at a place where we slip up, or fall back. As long as we keep trying, right!?! Proud of you Rick!

3 Likes

When we get clean we need to change people places and things and if you don’t then these things will happen everytime. It happened to me when I first started getting clean and when I changed everything and started attending NA and started putting in the work to stay clean my life had gotten better everyday since. Don’t be to hard on your self it does happen and as long as you don’t give up and keep coming back and we learn from our mistakes and say what am I going to do different this time so it doesn’t happen again. Keep up the fight. It’s not going to easy but I can promise you it will be worth it :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

You will get stronger with each relapse. You will learn and understand more about what to do and what you need to do. It won’t be easy. But you need to pull through the moments of weakness with focusing on why your staying clean. Remember you why’s, and it makes it easier. The first three weeks is tuff, after that its still hard , but it gets easier. You need to remove yourself from any and every possibility. Have your why’s written down on paper and stick them every where in your home so you do not forget them. The fridge. The bathroom mirror. The back of your front door. A list of your why’s and priorities. I guarantee if you are constantly reminded of these multiple times a day, it will help towards keeping you clean :pray:

1 Like

Feeling myself after the typical 3 days of sickness - I’m going to NA meeting (zoom) 2X a day. Trying something different - hearing others and not trying to hear myself - laying low and just listening - ty

I pray that you will have the strength to overcome this addiction and to be filled with hope and peace. That you will be devinely guided not to take the wrong turns, you will be protected, and able to keep a sound mind.