Restarting the clock

I was at about 73 or 74 days clean from heroin until I used again for abt 4 days straight. im coming clean about that at my meetings and whatnot but i still get urine tested during the week. i just hope it was undetectable in my system by then, i cant get sent anywhere and lose this new job i have. that sounds almost ridiculous (i get the whole idea that if i were to keep using id lose it anyways) but im still working hard on keeping myself as clean as possible. okk… here we go again. :frowning: This always feels SO discouraging.

1 Like

Hi @pingo resetting does not feel good…I know I have relapsed many times… but to be honest…we all know it’s part of the process… learn from it and don’t make the same mistake again… what made you use again?

1 Like

Having a hard time coping w all the things stressing me out lately, and putting everything/one else before myself. Bad couple a weeks, and then an opportunity to use came around and i guess i just couldn’t help myself. anyways… thank you for the encouraging words, ill do what i can to learn & grow from this

1 Like

Way to stay accountable Bud. They say that relapse is part of recovery. But it doesn’t have to be. We can stop the insanity.
You’ll get there. Just keep coming back

2 Likes

I want to echo what everyone else has already said. I am in awe of and inspired by young people in AA. Having the self-awareness to know that you have a problem early in life is amazing and admirable. I don’t know if your area has young people’s meetings - yep, there are whole meetings made up of folks just like you! They are open to anyone, but they tend to attract mostly younger folks. They are are a great place to find support and make some sober friends - all of whom have the same kind of problem s as you.

I think you are incredibly brave to reach out here, and I’m so glad you did! Do check out AA, and hang around here, too. There is a ton of good information to help you through rough times.

3 Likes