Resting heart rate being a lot better in just 6 weeks

Hey guys.

Just wanted to share something that might motivates some of you. For me it does.

I’ve been tracking my sleep, fitness and recovery with a strap since April. I was still drinking at the time, and using other things some time so i would intentionnaly took off my strap from my wrist because I didn’t want to see the bad result of using on my body. But still, I want to share just a picture of my overall resting heart rate since April 22th.

As you can see on the graph below, where my cursor is it’s June 2, my first day sober. Since that day, my RHR never been over 70, which it was usual before when I was drinking. I’m also more consiste in wearing it, and we can obvioûsly see that it’s generally going down, which means the heart is pumping more blood per heart beat, which means that it’s in better general health. My average is now 57, which 2 weeks ago was 61.

Just found out this morning that I could see the overall for months, and was actually surprised how much it can changes fast if you put the dedication to it.

Just wanted to share with you guys how much quitting booze is not only changing the life that we see every day, but also the life inside of us.

Looking forward to see how 3 months sober affect my body, and so on.

Keep going guys and have a good day.

6 Likes

Amen, brother. Mine plummeted from ~92 bpm (!!!) to 72 bpm, on average. At my worst, I ate nothing but garbage and completely stopped exercising, though the just not drinking every dang night dropped me the first 10-15 points in about a week.

Hoping to chip away s’more with a Couch to 5k starting this week. :muscle: :heart:

2 Likes

Just done mine, it’s 65, that’s amazing for me, it could easily sit above 100 some days with the drinking, no exercise and anxiety I used to inflict on myself. I’d avoid doing it so I didn’t have to see it!

1 Like

mine was over 130 on cocaine… 140-150 some nights. Imagine the stress on my heart.

We shall live longer with a stronger heart now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, I love seeing the literal measurable effects it had on our bodies! Crazy!

I am off blood pressure medication since I quit drinking 5 years ago. It’s amazing the toll anxiety and alcohol takes on our bodies.

1 Like

Besides drinking and drugging, wonder if anyone can toss out examples from quitting nicotine, too. That’s a nasty one for heart health.

Hot shit man!

ill end up dead if i continue ny old path… no more coke.