Restless and Discontent

Hey guys,
I am having a rough day today. I did an intake with a new practitioner to get some help and it all came rushing out. I didn’t realize how much of a problem I was having until I talked to her. It is like I couldn’t stop talking. It was all coming out so fast I couldn’t even think about what I was even saying. Now I am freaking out and overthinking afterwards. I am glad I am getting help however god this is so hard. Today is especially hard but for what specific reason I don’t know why.

I am so restless I don’t know what to do with myself. Trying to think… self care and my to do list. What do you guys do to calm down?

6 Likes

Meditation is key for me, even if it’s for 5 minutes. Give it a try, there’s plenty of guided Meditation videos on YouTube .

For example:

Medtion or take walk excrisce etc

It can be overwhelming if your emotions start
moving. Where you normally would cover them, try to feel them. You might wanna sit down and do some meditation excersises as mentioned before. It can also help to defuse from your thoughts, you’re not your thoughts. There are excersises on YouTube as well, they originate from Acceptance and Commitment based Therapy

1 Like

Feeling feelings is hard but I’m so glad that you have made a start in trying to process it all. Take a nice walk or maybe a run? Be gentle with yourself my friend, you’re doing amazingly well :pray:t2::two_hearts: