Restless nights

Hello there I’m new to this. It’s been one long night I dont have a urge now but that’s because I’ve been sick all night. I feel like garbage… I’m on the edge of losing my job and I dont want that to happen. I’m so lost at times… please god help me to change I’m tired of this life and drowning in alchohol.

3 Likes

Sleepless nights do happen. In my early days I had quite a few.
Is there any chance you can take some sick leave.
Our bodies have to detox when we stop using substances.
Look after yourself, hydrate, eat well.
I also recommend not stressing about what is happening to you, I basically put everything I felt mentally and physically down to recovery and went with it.
It’s all part of making a better you.

I’ve been calling in almost every day. I love my job but it’s hard to be there right now… it’s been hard… I want to be a better me and I dont want to relapse again. I want to be a better father to my children and get back on track. This seems like a great app. And so far I’ve received great impressions from other like you. Thank you for talking to me… really means allot

No worries mate. I totally understand how you feel.
I was lucky in that I work for myself and the family I work for are pretty cool.
If I didn’t feel like going in I didn’t. I think for the first six months I didn’t do a complete five day week. There were even some three day weeks in there.
But I understand that not everyone is as fortunate as me.
I read that it’s often said that you risk losing anything you put in front of your sobriety. If you place your job, family, or friends ahead of staying sober, you risk losing all of these things and more by sliding back into your addiction.
I took this to heart and went with it.
Ive heard of people who stress about their jobs and then wonder why they can’t stay sober.
In the early days at least I needed to be 100% focused on staying sober.
So nothing at all came in front of it.
My family understood, because ultimately, even though I was doing it for me, they would benefit.
Same with my job. My productivity has shot through the roof!
Well it did when I took a break from this app. :rofl:
Stick around Scott. There is loads to learn.
Where you based by the way?

Wow I’ve never thought about it like that. Makes perfect sense tho… I’m truck driver out of salt lake city utah… it’s a good job but I haven’t been to work in 3 weeks… I’m not going to lie it’s hard to be there right now. I’ve only been sober for not even 12 hours about 9 hours but I really want to do this right and stay away from alchohol. It’s not worth losing your life over. What you just said really made me think about my situation in a new perspective. Thank you for that Geoff. I see your in England? That’s awesome. This seem like a great app to find and get help since there’s not really any AA meeting around since this pandemic has been around.

1 Like

Hi ya I understand the struggle without meetings being face to face at the moment but if you download zoom you can do meetings 24/7 from the comfort of your home !

Open mind and heart are all we need for this journey Scott.
A willingness to learn not only what can help us but also learn about ourselves.
We spent a lifetime drowning life out. Now it’s time to relearn who we are.
As I said mate, there is loads of info on here and on line.
This place even has its own Zoom meetings Tuesday and Saturday.
And as my good friend @Natnat says there are daily zoom meetings globally and intherooms.com is another good resource.
I’d suggest spending some quality time reading on here and the internet. Asking questions using the magnifying glass at the top.
And remember, have an open mind.

Hey welcome to talking sober. This is a great community for support, especially when we’re all still quarantined a lot like you mentioned.

I also have had a lot of restless nights but it’s very much worth being sober. Glad you’re here!