Right now is just as good a time as any, I think...🤔

My little sister is on my mind tonight… She failed another drug screen yesterday after giving us more than 60 day’s of hope… :cupid: I’m not giving up on her yet… I often also worry about my mama and how she’s holding up… Not only did she raise me but I worked with her for more than 20 years and now I’m her patient caregiver… :sparkling_heart: My husband :blue_heart: is really great about reminding me to call my mama back if I miss her call for any reason… Probably because his mother passed away about 12 years ago… I’m so thankful that he keeps me in check on that… :100: He knows I don’t just forget :sparkling_heart:, I’m just busy with the kid’s or get sidetracked… Tonight I stumbled on this old video on YouTube… I remember that farewell concert live and how sad and scared Wynonna looked in that moment… I got to wondering how Naomi was holding up in life because that had been quite some time back… :thinking: Amazingly enough she is still doing very well… I discovered another video of her on Megan Kelly where she talks about her life and sinking into deep severe depression that was resistant to treatment due to genetics and how she got out of that life… Her family story was way too much the same as mine in many ways (some obviously not)… I then went to Amazon and found myself a new tool for my box… Those KY girls know a few thing’s… :100: I’m not from KY… I just know… I’ve been there… I feel double blessed to have discovered this tonight… :revolving_hearts: That’s MY Tribe :100:… Thankful for the bridge that she built in her struggles to try to help other’s… :rainbow::point_up::blush:

6 Likes

I never knew she was a nurse!!! :sparkling_heart: I love my fellow healthcare worker’s!!! :blush: Can’t make this :poop: up… :joy::100: Yesss, I too say that all the time… :100::joy:

1 Like

They are a strong family of women. They have all been thru so much and seem to work hard on themselves and their relationships. Very inspiring and very real.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your sister. Dont give up hope. My little brother was literally killing himself with alcohol a couple years ago and now hes got 7 more months sober than me. We all know it has to be their choice, however frustrating it can be to watch until then.

And I totally relate now about staying in contact with my parents. Since my dads in the hospital I’ve realized how little time we might have left and make sure to visit and call every day no matter what I’ve got going on. Every time I get a voicemail I’m dreading what it will say but so far so good. I know I need to spend so much more time with them both bc I had isolated myself from them for so long while I was actively using. Theres so many questions I’ve always wanted to ask about so many things and now that I’m feeling like an adult finally, now is the time. Theyve always been there for me and now I can be there for them as they get older. Keep going strong lady :blush:

2 Likes

Absolutely… That Naomi Judd is one extremely bright lady… :blush: Her daughter’s are both fabulous… :100:

1 Like