Runners and other fitness freaks

I better you’re probably more toned though!!

1 Like

Yes! Awesome tone on my lower thighs. If only the upper half would get the memo.

Lol! Maybe it’s just working its way up

1 Like

Why in earth am I up earlier on Saturday than I have to be during the week?!? Lol

Let’s get some miles in before it’s time to play Swimming Lesson Mama this morning.

I train 5 times a week with weights and throw in a couple of HIIT sessions too. If I manage to get out on my bike at all I drop the HIIT. Important to rest too. I’m 45 and the fittest I have ever been.

4 Likes

I train 4x a week. It includes lifting, HIIT, some cardio. I also train for roller derby twice a week. Staying active keeps me sane!

5 Likes

Love shaun T!
Keep up the good work! :+1::blush:

You must be one tough gal, doing roller derby!

1 Like

Ha, wellll it is a full contact sport so I try to be faster than the blockers wanting to murder me out there. Hey congrats on your pregnancy by the way! You’re an active mama! Good job! :blush:

1 Like

Good job! Hey would you be able to recommend some active stretches that focuses on lower back?

That’s a great strategy! Lol

And, thanks. I really don’t want to lose all the progress I’ve been making the past few months. It’s so amazing to start recognizing my former non-drinking, fit self.

1 Like

That’s beautiful! Remembering who you were before drinking and wanting to stick with it is lovely!

2 Likes

Awesome! Definitely made sense. Thank you so much! Bird dogs can be tough for me but I will work on them. I’ve been skating for almost 6 years and my lower back kills me some days. I have tight hips too. I bet that just reinforces the back pain too. I have to get myself disciplined to do these after my workouts. Thanks again!

1 Like

Yin yoga is great for stretching out hips, legs and chest. Also, foam rolling and trigger point. Tho I have found yin really stretches me…which I need as I am always tight from working out.

3 Likes

Amen, sister!! If that’s not motivation to keep this going, I’m not sure what is!

1 Like

6 km Thursday, 2 hours of tennis yesterday getting the my ass whipped 3-0, strengthening this morning and a 5km run tonight.

Another active week, feeling a good soreness and a day off tomorrow, 6 km on Tuesday, 5 on Thursday, Tennis on Saturday and 10km next Sunday with strengthening in between.

Eating so much but losing weight, loving it.

3 Likes

Six mile beach skate in 77*, which is hot where I live! Sweating buckets over here.

1 Like

77 sounds heavenly! 94 here today, but low 65% humidity. Yesterday bicycled for 10 miles, today pool party, tomorrow yin yoga and another bike ride.

1 Like

I got spoiled after leaving a place that is in the triple digits. 10 miles?! That’s awesome!! I plan to do yoga on the beach tomorrow and some weight lifting later in the day. Nothing but people on bikes on the trail I was on today. I wanted to grab one of them to take a free ride back to my car!

1 Like

Since moving to flat Florida (from hilly Vermont), bicycling is super easy (even…sometimes…single track mtn bike trails). We even can ride on many of the beache… that is heaven. There are SO many paved trails and off road trails here, we go a couple of times a week in summer, more in winter. Much nicer on my old joints than running and MUCH cooler in summer.

Tue/Thu/Fri are my weight training and body sculpt days.

1 Like