Runner's log

All this running talk is getting me fired up to go run…I’m out the door w my dog !

3 Likes

Sounds good. Need some more personal accountability. Too easy to say it’s too cold or I’ll work out tomorrow. I’m down with the idea. Thanks for taking the initiative.

1 Like

It’s what we make of it, or it can be. Just like this forum.

1 Like

I forgot about this

1 Like

I ran philly marathon a few years ago. Ran it with a big group from my running club. Went to a spa and night out with some women two nights before the marathon. So the day before the marathon I was so absolutely hungover. So stupid!

1 Like

Don’t trip boo the main thing is making it back

Glad to see this active again. I just started running again this past month after about a year hiatus. Actually new years day I logged 8.6 miles, which was my longest run ever. Have a goal this year of a half marathon, and maybe even try to win a 5k or two, at least my age group, too old and out of shape for the overall!

2 Likes

I got into the Spartan Obstacle Course Race series last year and have registered for 3 different distances in 2018. I haven’t done much in the way of organized runs for quite a few years…did the Long Beach Marathon years ago and my fair share of 5 & 10ks but I’m finding myself drawn more to trail running now and actually discovering there are quite a few organized dirt running events out there to participate in. My last couple runs have been short distance on a treadmill because December was a rough month for me getting to where I am now. With that said, I’ll post my last real good long run from over a month ago and put myself to work getting back on track. Thank you for starting this thread up, I think it will get a ton of interest.

3 Likes

I booked two half’s with a couple of friends during 2018 that I’d travel to: New York City Half in March and Vermont Covered Bridges in June. I am 58 and I can’t do a half in under two hours any more. However now that I am no longer drinking I wonder if I can match my old PR. Maybe… All that wine must have affected my performance.

However it is so damn cold and windy here I am so glad I’m not training for anything now and don’t have to train in below zero weather.

2 Likes

I’ve found that setting those goals in stone helps me stay on track, it’s good you booked them out because it gives u something to train toward.

Lol…As much as I love the cold, I complain when it gets down in the low 50’s when I have to train.

1 Like

It’s 9 degrees now with crazy wind gusts, but on thu and thu when I plan to run it will be 33 and 40. Balmy

I have not been on a skateboard in almost 3 months. My last broken bone did it for me :confounded::confounded:

:scream:u running with ice skates?? Enjoy that. I won’t complain about California weather for a while.

Yup. I dislocated my shoulder. After that I had to stop. I’m getting to old

Haha it comes with age. Now it’s kinda cold outside (in the 70°s) I’m really feeling my age

Yikes! And I thought it was a little chilly at 50 on my run this morning!

1 Like

Me too, I’m in northern CA and I thought it was chilly on my run this morning but we have no idea what actual cold is!

1 Like

Finally knocked the rust off and got out of this anti-exercise funk!!! Felt so good to get out and run some trails today.

5 Likes

I did some training this weekend too. Went out yesterday to get a baseline for a 5k, im hoping to get a sub 20 minute. Yesterday was just over 22 minutes, plus I was fasted, so I’m hopeful. Did some 1/4 mile max intervals today, HR topped out at 181!

2 Likes

Thats damn solid!

1 Like