Runner's log

I made it 7 days sober and started actually running on the treadmill at 6mph this morning. Baby steps!

2 Likes

much better than a drink!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an impressive pace!:+1:t2:

1 Like

Loving the running! Doing 4x a week and it rocks! What a great natural high. Its different from the other exercise I do. I get red and sweaty and I love it.

3 Likes

Your times are amazing

1 Like

it is almost cooling down enough in Southwest Georgia to run outside. Iā€™m still on the treadmill everyday for at least 30 minutes. Iā€™m on day 12 and exercise has certainly helped!

Warm!!:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I broke the 4 mile mark yesterday! So stoked. My boyfriend runs half marathons but Iā€™m not aiming for that. Just so happy that Iā€™ve found this new fun sober healthy high.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Iā€™m sober 14 days, have started running aswell. Iā€™ve lost my garner watch to track distance and timešŸ˜¦ really enjoying the fresh air and feeling healthier than I have in a long time.

Yes. Thatā€™s a good idea, thanks Ilk have a look at your other thread. My phones quite big, thatā€™s my only concern although I did use it today for music and it was okay.

Lol, yes running can be mild annoying at times. I had track suit bottoms on today with big pockets that zip up, which worked well my phone couldnā€™t move anywere. Iā€™ve got an I pod nano, but I donā€™t use I tunes . Im a bit naff when it comes to technology. Iā€™m hoping to get to grips with I tunes sometime this week.

What app do you use for running @C-sun? This thread is getting pretty long! I looked but couldnā€™t find it.

Okay :slight_smile: I just downloaded Runkeeper to try out. Iā€™ll let you know what I think.

Oo, Iā€™m going to download as well. I used YouTube today but only have limited Internet access. I could try dowmloading before hand. Thanks for tips

I love your :four_leaf_clover: necklace.

1 Like

Was a present for myself when I quit smoking 2 years ago :smile:ā€¦ for luck

2 Likes

After my runā€¦ Went for a swim!

4 Likes

I did not run, but I skated all day (shocker) no helmet head, sweaty hair selfie due to the fact I forgot to take my phone out of my pocket and it didnā€™t make it. Rode the 15 foot halfie today (first time since I broke my leg on it) was nervous as hell about it but canā€™t live your whole life in fear. Buddy did get some pretty cool action shots though

3 Likes