Sad as fck

I’m in that point where I can’t see any future, I lost my job, I cant make art bcause I’m too distracted, all I think is just get a beer and chill for a minute, but we all know that «just one beer» is a mega lie. I used to enjoy the one beer and one glass of wine… I try to remember what happend before I entered the void of drink like’s no tomorrow but is all black.

I have no idea what to do next, how start to make a change and become a person again.

3 Likes

Take it one moment at a time.
Have you thought about doing some physical activity such as biking or jogging. Those really help to get your mind off things as well as release endorphins. Just a though

3 Likes

I feel you man ! I also lost my job and found myself in the 1 beer ends up with 6 … had started having depression and my anxiety and obsessive thoughts kept me from making music ! I knos it’s hard and sometimes you don’t see any light near you, but believe me there is ! I battled really hard and had extremely hard times to stop drinking and face reality, but you have to go one moment at the time ! Eating well and go out to jog or skate or whatever makes you move will help for sure ! I’m on day 18 now and everyday I go out ! When you will kick the habitbof drinking ur brain will start wanting to do other things ! Art ! So really take ur time and please never forget that you can get better ! Because I thought it was all dark but really there is hope ! Take care man

5 Likes

You’re making a change right now! You’re in the right place and asking the right questions. Keep coming back! Read often and post often. Folks here understand what you are going through.

I tried and tried to stop drinking but failed every time. I just didn’t know how to NOT drink! I had to learn that. I had to be taught. I was lost and broken enough that I had nowhere to turn except AA. Believe me, I never dreamed someone like me would end up at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. I mean, I had a job and wife and kid. I wasn’t homeless and had never gotten a DUI. Shit, I’ve never even been to jail. AA wasn’t for people like me… Right??

Wrong! AA is for drunks and I was a drunk. I had the gift of desperation on my side so I gave it a try. It’s not for everyone but it was for me. A year later it turned out to be the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

I’m glad you’re here pal! Keep coming back:)

5 Likes

I’m not a meeting person but you sound so distraught I really think you could benefit from a meeting. It would be good to get physical contact with people who know what you are going through.

1 Like

Thank u for sharing : sorry to hear you lost your job. There is alots of good advices here . I too recommend read alot here , so much help around for sure and great people . I recommend also maybe try some sort of group/ meeting .that and this forum works for me . But not for all . Im sure with time job will turn up again . Dont lose your hope , it will get better . I really hope you will raise up from the dark cloud. There is always someone that will listen and reach out whenever you need for it.

2 Likes

Hey there! Some days are better than others ya know.it will get better.
What have you done to stay sober?
For instance, have you tried any AA meetings before?
I needed help to stay sober. I needed support! And i needed it from people or someone that would understand what i was going through…
Do you keep yourself busy? Staying busy and distraction are big for me still, especially in the beginning though…
Have you tried picking up a new hobby? Or even doing something you use to love but lost bc of drinking.
Have you tried changing up your routine? And stay busy at times youd normally drink.

These are just some simple suggestions. Take what you can and leave the rest… hope these help!

2 Likes

I make a list of 5 goals I want to do, sometimes they’re small as watering my flowers, other times they are much larger, such as running 8 miles, or nailing a big presentation; nonetheless…whether they are big or small I always feel accomplished crossing each one off as I complete them. Maybe apply for a few jobs, with the only expectation of getting an interview and then if you get the interview, make your expectation just to nail it…and if you end up with a job, awesome and if not, well, it was great practice. Or grab a canvas or piece of paper and just draw or paint a simple stick figure–sometimes inspiration comes from the weirdest of things.

Furthermore, remember that all this takes time, and you’ll get there, what matters is you’re taking steps in the right direction.

ヘ(^_^)ヘ You’ve got this girl!