Sad ☹️ . Don't want to go on

I am feeling so down . Having really bad thoughts today :sob:. Need help . Actually want to end it all today. I can’t feel like this anymore . I hate my life .

What happened? By venting on here and talking everything out you made a good choice. If you elaborate a bit more on why you feel so down maybe we can all help you?

1 Like

Tell us what happened, talking about such feelings helps :heart:

Talk it out with us! There is a ton of life experience among the people of this forum and I’m sure it can help you

I just feel like a total let down to everyone . Its like I have a self distruct button and I can help but press it all the time. I feel like my family hate me , and my husband is leaving me. I just feel like everyone will be better of if I’m not here anymore . If it wasn’t for my dogs I would have done it a long time ago. Bit I worry what will happen to them.

2 Likes

However you feel about yourself right now, it’s not permanent. People love you even if you feel like they’re mad at you. The feelings you have are normal and temporary, what you want to do to solve it is permanent. One day at a time. Try to go to a meeting. Keep venting on here. I don’t know you but I would be sad you hurt yourself.
I love you for seeking our help, you are strong and beautiful…tomorrow is a new day. :heart:

5 Likes

Stay on here and read read read . Get out everything you need to just stick around xxx

1 Like

It’s good you are here. On this app, and in the world.
I understand the enormous weight you are feeling, and I have acted on that before. Unsuccessfully obviously, as here I still am.
If you can muddle through this lowest of points, you can work on things bit by bit. Right now… Breathe. Walk. Watch TV. Be here.

3 Likes

Sorry your out of sorts Sweetheart is there anyone you can phone or maybe make a appointment with you doctor in the mean time take your lovely dogs for a walk clear your mind , been ther myself lost and afraid cant see anyway out , but i can assure you there is im the proof of that wish you well be safe

9 Likes

I feel like a total loser . I’ve pressed the reset button so many times on this app . I just keep messing up and hurting everyone. . I feel so lost and angry with the way people have hurt me . And now I’m taking it out on the people who are trying to help me. I just think it would be better off if I wasn’t here to keep fucking up .

Sorry for swearing …

Have you tried a meeting they help , your just going through a bad time at the moment but they will get better your heads in a mess at the moment try and get to you doctor wish you well

1 Like

I’ve been to two meetings . Im not sure if they were the right ones. I wanted advice and I didn’t get any just listened to everyone. What do I say to the doctor. I’m not sure how they can help me .

Thank you for the support.

1 Like

We have all done things we regret mate, that’s why we’re all here. You can’t change the past, only what comes next.

What’s stopping you from taking the help that people are trying to offer you?

And what type of dogs do you have :dog::paw_prints: my dog has been the reason I get out of bed some days, they are amazing aren’t they.

3 Likes

Then live for them. They need you. Get help for your depression, so you can one day live for you.

I’ve been through a divorce. It was hard, and heartbreaking. But two years later, I met a woman, and a year after that, we were married. She has been the love of my life for over 20 years.

Tomorrow always has the potential to be the best day of your life. You have to live to see it, if you want to enjoy it.

9 Likes

Definitely listen to @siand and @Yoda-Stevie. Honestjy they both give great advice. And there will always be genuine concern for your well being on here :heart:

1 Like

Boston terrier x pug and griffon terrier

Only reason I am still here at the mo

10 Likes

It can really help to talk to someone. Here is the hotline in Ireland number…

Pieta House (Suicide & Self-harm)

National Suicide Helpline (Pieta House) 1800 247 247

www.pieta.ie

5 Likes

I’m curious…did you stick around AFTER the meeting? I have found that during the meeting you are not allowed to “cross talk”. I assumed that meant you couldn’t interupt while someone else was talking but it also seems to mean that you can’t respond to someone else after they have gone. I have heard people say “I totally relate to what so-and-so said, here’s my similar example”. But I think during the meeting it is supposed to be a safe place to share whatever you like and no one can judge or comment on it.

BUT…after the meeting is when people can go up to you and say “hey, about your share today, have you tried this?” I know I’m not good about sticking around so I haven’t had it happen a lot, but I have had some good advice too. The biggest one I got was “Go to a women’s meeting!!”. They even suggested that I pick up a white chip at that meeting (even though I was already at 3 months sober) so it would signal to people there that I was looking for help. It worked. I picked up my white chip and after the meeting I had about 3 women come right over to me and start chatting. One even offered me her phone number (though I didn’t take it…what an idiot I was for not taking it!!!).

So yeah, meetings can be tricky. If you give off a “leave me alone” vibe that is exactly what they will do. People want to help but they don’t want to push.

4 Likes