Sad today 🥺

Really struggling today, I won’t and can’t reach for a drink, but think that’s part of the reason why, I haven’t that choice anymore, I’m not allowed to have a drink ever. I feel alone. I have so much stuff that’s happened and my head is so sad right now

15 Likes

Get banned for what?

So sorry you are struggling. This shit is really tough. I believe in you!

1 Like

I’m sorry you are struggling today. It can be hard when you want something. I like to think of it as a choice. I choose to not drink because of the negative effects that always come with it. I remind myself it’s poison, literally ethanol, it’s not good for you! I say this to myself. You are not alone in being sad. Everyone is sad sometimes :heart: Do you want to share why you are sad? Maybe it’s more then just the mourning of a drink.

4 Likes

I don’t want to drink, but I think it’s because I haven’t got the choice, It’s not my choice, I know it sounds ridiculous, because I wouldn’t if it was my choice- it’s because that has been taken away from me, the choice. I dunno just has made me so sad today and I can’t shake it

5 Likes

I get you, sorry you feel sad @Jess427. One day at a time, have a cry if ypu need to. Or try to biry your brain in happy activities or even boring ones. Anything but relapse x

1 Like

A lot of us went through those emotions…stay sober, it gets better. Being active on here helped…lots of “fun threads”.

5 Likes

Not sure what that person is talking about…coming here and talking about what you are feeling was an extremly great thing to do.

2 Likes

When i got a sponsor and got on the steps the choice not to lift a drink was made easier , we have no defence the program set a boundary up in our thinking that when the craven is removed the choice dosnt come into it but it requires effort and desire , mindset is required will i or wont i if you have a good network around you it will be easier wish you well

5 Likes

Hi Jess, I’m sorry you’re feeling bad - it’s hard I know. You know what it is? Part of it is grief. Just like losing something that’s been part of your life for a long time. It was an unhealthy part, but I mean, it was familiar. We grieve these losses. And you’re not alone - others have posted about it too:

Part of this early stage is connecting with new sober people and spaces, and discovering yourself - getting to know your sober self. She’s interesting! She’s curious! As you get to know her you’ll feel new interests and new thoughts coming up.

Take care and don’t give up :innocent:

5 Likes

Hi @Jess427
This feeling too shall pass. It’s ok to feel the feelings. Maybe meditate about letting unhealthy habits like drinking alcohol go and inviting nice, healthy habits to come into your life. Helps me a lot on various issues.

3 Likes

I’m really sorry. I feel pretty sad today as well. Life is pretty isolated for me right now, and that can be very hard. That’s why I have a sponsor and go to meetings. A good outlet for me to be with other people.
Part of my sobriety is me feeling my emotions and learning how to deal with them not using alcohol.

3 Likes

Its ok to feel that, ive learned that sometimes i just have to sit with it or try helping other to not focus so much on myself. Looked into the stages of grief just recently after loosing quite a few loved ones to see where i stand in that aspect, thing that’s constant in our lives is change. So i come to accept loss as just a part of the cycle. Hope you feel better today.:pray:

1 Like