Saddd day! I lost custody today for my babies 💔

Today I lost custody of my babies even after doing everything right they asked me to do, mental health every appointment, went to every visit:( only thing I couldn’t do was find housing for us … I’ve tried everything I’ve called everyone and yet I still fucking lost. I lost everything good in my life why the fuck do people who actually try their absolute best to fix the only thing I ever gave a shit about just didn’t happen . I feel hopless and worthless . Staying sober is do hard right now :broken_heart::sob:

9 Likes

I am so sorry. Yes very very sad. I hope that you will be able to get them back sometime or get partial custody.

I’m not even sure how the courts work here in Canada. Honestly:( the courts granted the department gardenship as far as I understood is that the only way I may still have a chance to get the sometime down the road is if someone from mine or my bfs family gets custody of them if they don’t and they are is the system (foster care) or adoption happens I just never get to see or even talk to them again :broken_heart::sob:

2 Likes

Sounds like you worked very very very hard and just did not have a place for all of you to live. You are not worthless and it is not hopeless. Stay sober and hopefully you’ll get them. Big hugs and thoughts for you. I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.

1 Like

So sorry to read you story. How terrible :disappointed:

But please don’t feel hopeless and worthless because you’ve achieved so much! You did what you had to do and you’ve been sober. That’s a huge accomplishment and something to be proud of. Unfortunately you can’t control the situation you’re in, you can only keep your head up and keep proving to yourself, your kids and the courts that they’re wrong about you. You can do what it takes to be sober. Your day will come. Canada can’t be as nuts as California and I’ve seen happy endings out here.

Hang in there.

3 Likes

Absolutely heartbroken for you; why do people not understand that although we have the selfish elements which made us drink - we need the good to focus on? Our babies are the good - drive to do better.
Fight. Prove to them you are doing better - EVERY DAY - write to your babies to show you are fighting - even if they don’t get the letters straight away - hold onto them until you see them - and you WILL see them again. Believe in this and believe in you. I’m here if you ever want to talk xx

6 Likes

I can’t even imagine how you feel. A drink will do nothing. Fight through the feelings.

1 Like

Please stay sober! I hope you have liberal visitation.

2 Likes

How are you doing today?

1 Like

Yes, it is a sad day. Remember this day, and how it feels. Use this to fuel the fire within you, to completely turn your life around. No matter how hopless the situation, as long as you stay clean and sober, keep on working your recovery, and you will never be helpless.

Whatever you do, don’t give them a reason to keep your children from you. Don’t give in to despair or the desire to numb and escape.

Praying for you.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you are going through such a nightmare. This must be so difficult and life will continue to be but you have your recovery. You are feeling every ounce of how terrible this is because you have gained the emotional strength to actually experience it. Throwing away your sobriety will not help you in this situation. You have already began your journey into recovery and this right here is a part of it. Forgive yourself first and know that you can continue to move forward. Continue to do the hard work of rebuilding your life. The good thing about children is that they don’t stay children forever, meaning one day you will have the opportunity to explain all of this and hold space for them. You want to be the healthiest most connected version of yourself to experience this, and it starts now. Visualise yourself telling your children that through everything you continued to rebuild yourself. That the pain of all of this pushed you to continue in your recovery and be the woman standing in front of them, ready to rebuild your relationship. You are stronger than you know, keep going. I send you the highest vibration of love, health, peace and light :pray:t6::sparkles::heart:

2 Likes

So sorry! Believe that things will get back on track!

1 Like

Hi
I do not know your story but I have heard of this happening to many women in active addiction and at the begining of their recovery. I also have heard MANY happy endings of where with a lot of hard work and time and patience and not giving up, children have been placed back into the custody if their mothers.

Don’t lose hope, don’t let this break you. Let this make you fight even harder to prove you are taking your recovery seriously.

I am in Canada and my sponsor lost her children to the system, it took her a few years but she did get them back. Please don’t lose hope. You can do this, they need you and you need them.

What supports do you have in your recovery? Where in Canada are you?

Sending love and strength.

3 Likes

Today is a day where you need to be your strongest.you were not rewarded today for all your hard work and dedication. but trust me you will be your day will come where you will be a family again but you have to stay focused the most important thing in this moment is you staying sober keep strong your almost there one day at the time

1 Like

Child services goal is not to break up families, they just want children in a safe and stable environment.

My kids were placed in foster care, I didn’t have much sadness just a deep rage and anger.

Continue to make all your appointments, stay sober, communicate with your caseworker… don’t just talk at them, find a steady place to live.

Have faith, your babies know who mommy is, your babies love mommy, you love your babies. This will not change.

My silver lining, with our kids in foster care we got sober, we changed, we didn’t have the extra stress of being full time parents while trying to figure out how to be sober people. When we got them back 7 months later, life was a far different story, much happier, healthier, stable. Been sober since then.

Find your silver lining

8 Likes

Hang in there, I can’t imagine how you’re feeling. That sounds so hard. Just keep doing what you can and something good will come around to you.