Safe Sober Travels! 🇮🇪

I thought I’d share my travel halfway around the world in sobriety :heart: Those of you who know me, know I love to travel! It’s one of the main reasons why I was able to stay sober. But, when I first started, it was rough! I wanted to drink at the airport, at the pool, at the beach, you get it…etc etc. Going on three years sober in June, I feel I have a pretty good handle on it. So, I wanted to share my trip with ya’all!! :slight_smile:
So my traveling son who is the apple that didnt fall far from the tree, met his Irish love in Cali, moved to Australia, married in San Diego last year, and now lives in Belfast Ireland. BUT Now, I have the most beautiful grandbaby in the world!! I gotta go see her!! So here goes my journey…TRAVEL WITH ME IF YOU DDAARREEE :laughing:

31 Likes

I totally cant wait to hear about your travels! :smiley:

3 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your updates and see pictures of your granddaughter :sparkles::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 1:
First leg is on the good ol’ American Amtrak. I’ll be taking Amtrak across the Central Valley of California to San Francisco then catch the BART to SFO. One of the sights to see today was the flooding and over abundance of water we have. We prayed for that rain/snow during our drought and boy did we get it! God said, here! Stop complaining already :laughing: So I was going to take the train all the way to Mission Street and catch the BART from there. It was going to be a walk. But the sweetest gal sat next to me and we struck up a conversation. I love talking to people and have no apprehension that I will make a drunken fool out of myself now :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: So she says, hey the train station in Richmond is right next to the BART! Get off there! That’s where I’m going and I can show you :heart::heart::heart: love it!! I make my way to SFO and I’m ya like five hours early :crazy_face: lol Better early than late! So I walk passed the wine bar. Beautiful bottles glistening. But play it forward, I can’t stop and I definitely don’t want to screw this trip up…or eh…my life for that matter!! So, carne asada fries it is and WHOA :yum: DELICIOUS! Yes much better! Food is so good when booze isn’t the center of my world :yum:
Catching the red eye and on to Toronto Canada :canada: :sunglasses: :heart: Instead of the song Amarillo By Morning…think Toronto By Morning :sunrise_over_mountains: :notes: :musical_note: lol!!

I ate some already…oh so goooodd :laughing:

17 Likes

Will do @Butterflymoonwoman and @Laraellelarissa !!

4 Likes

How marvelous!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

3 Likes

Thank you for coming with me Sassy! Funny how I don’t feel like I’m traveling alone with TS in my pocket :grin:

7 Likes

This post made my day. So happy you’re taking us along on your trip. Looking forward to all your updates. Already set the thread to “watching” so I don’t miss anything, especially when you meet your grand baby. Safe travels!!

7 Likes

How exciting! I love to travel too!

3 Likes

Oh that sounds amazing! Count me in on your shared journey. Im in it for the baby pics but the commentary is awesome too lol travel safe @Ravikamor

2 Likes

@Cjp and @Lisa07 So glad you all are coming along!! Sitting in the airport and waiting but watching Brene Brown and Atlas Of The Heart HBOMax talk!! :heart: So wonderful :heart_eyes: Totally recommend it!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Sangrialel!! :grinning: Travel is so rejuvenating! It’s like stepping into another life for a bit :slight_smile: Glad I have a fellow traveler on here!

1 Like

Sober grandma heads to Belfast. :stuck_out_tongue:
I love it!
I kept wondering when you were going.
Safe travels.
I’ll keep any eye out for ya.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

Yay! Sounds super exciting! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Eric I’m looking for an apartment over there for when I retire… it’ll be MY Santa Monica 5 months out of the year :smile:

@Misokatsu yes!!! :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

I’m so grateful and excited that you are sharing this trip with us. Look forward to pictures!

2 Likes

Made it to Oh Canada Oh Canada :canada: 530 AM and the first thing I see is Starbucks. Yes please! Lol ok so is Starbucks universal now? So can I be in the jungle depths of The Congo with my machete fighting off snakes and spiders and come to a clearing and there stands a Starbucks? Lol I’m thinking yes :thinking: One venti hot Caramel Machiatto please :pray: :yum: And oh make it two for my Silver Back friend here :smile:
I have a 14 hour layover and am not sure what I’m going to do. Hmmm what kind of shenanigans can a sober American get into here?
Updates soon to come :smile:

11 Likes

Got back from Spain booked another cruise to Florida in May and round that area ,booked Japan for November few other stops , Sheila says a few months between May and October so well see seen most of the world now great being sober and retired and loaded lol

12 Likes

Man I’m going with you Ray!! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

Escaped to Niagara Falls today!! Speechless :speak_no_evil: :no_mouth: :heart: The power and beauty of Mother Nature :heart_eyes:

22 Likes