Scared of being judged

Our stories sound very similar and I’m somewhat new to this but I do know that the withdrawals from methamphetamine are mostly physiological. Mostly including depression and anxiety. Depending on how much you were using your brain could still be in a mild psychosis like mine and not all your thoughts will be your own. I assure you that I already like who you are and really hope you can stay strong!

2 Likes

Thank you! Really nice and encourage words :pray:t2::muscle:t2: I’m sober since 7 January and i think my body is getting now detox from speed. Through daytime i dont really feel missing it but at night im sweating like hell…:persevere: The real torture will start next week wenn i will quit smoking weed…i wasn’t strong enough to quit both addiction at the same time…was afraid to lose my job, friend’s and family…
But im really positive and full with Hope.:sparkling_heart::pray:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

1 Like

I quit smoking weed years ago but I’ve heard that it helps with the detox symptoms. My detox was seriously rough on me. I could only sleep and binge eat and I was always freezing cold but couldn’t stop sweating along with insane back pain and migraines. I had crazy dreams that would wake me up screaming and even after 14 hours of sleep I was still exhausted. I did actually lose my job in October due to a positive drug test. But I’ve noticed more positive reactions from people just in the 12 days I’ve been sober. I get compliments on how much better and healthier and happier I look and I’m sure you could get the same.

3 Likes

Oh wow…hard sh… That you been through,im really sorry about that, But very proud and glad that you made it! Same here, back pain and neck problems…all the tine cold , people around me saying its because you’re too skinny…well that was also true…thru speed i was never hungry and in very less time i forgot to eat forced… only at night when I smoked weed to get some sleep i had a bit of appetite…the most i hate is that im aware of the bad that that drug is cousing …still i did love it so much…the Rush in my brain… thing’s i never thought to do or even think of it…:sleepy:

1 Like

Hi Hope, welcome! We’re happy you’re here - it’s good to meet you :innocent:

Lots of good advice on this thread already. I’ll just chime in and say: you’re not alone. So many of us here have been through that same experience. Who am I, sober? A lot of us spent years running away from emotions, of stresses, or boredom, or whatever - so long we forgot what our sober selves felt like (or we never really felt them at all).

The good news is every hour, every day you spend sober is an hour, a day of discovering your sober, clear self. You are beautiful, and valuable, and worthy. No one can ever take that away from you. You belong here. And even though your sober mind and your sober self is unfamiliar and you feel sometimes like you’re learning how to walk again and you feel clumsy and uncertain and not-good-enough - even though all those things may run through your mind…

You are a beautifully, perfectly imperfect being, like each one of us here. Every smile, every kind word, every generous feeling (and even the scarier feelings too) - they’re all richer and deeper when you’re sober, because you chose to live with them, and let them pass in and out and through your sober mind.

Life is weird and wonderful and interesting and boring. It’s only natural that you’d be that way too. (I’m being a little playful here. :smile:) So from one sometimes-boring person to another: welcome home. :innocent:

4 Likes

I loved it too. But I’m glad it’s gone. I was sleeping or eating maybe 1 day a week. I lost way too much weight and caused damage to my brain that I can’t even explain to myself. Everyday is progress. Any effort is something to be proud of

1 Like

Hi Matt, thank you for the lovely welcome words!:hugs: It really feels great to be here, so many nice people,so many nice and encourage words, although we all struggle here with different problems but somehow the same…as long as we are Not Alone, everything is so much easier!!! :sparkling_heart::pray:t2:

1 Like

I really know what you mean… getting out of that hole at the moment…i still have a question that its a bit strange…i didn’t have sex sober…and im so afraid that clean i cant enjoy it…i dont feel like missing it or even get turned on by something…:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:
If someone knows this kind of feeling, please dont be embarrassed and tell me you’re experience,:pray:t2:
Lots of hug’s and thanks :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t know about other drugs, but I often used alcohol to get in the mood, but orgasming is pretty much impossible. It takes a little longer to get going when sober, but much more enjoyable. In the early stages of sobriety u may feel too tired, etc, to really want to do anything, but after a few weeks libido often gets stronger.

1 Like

I was worried about Sober sex but if you try to make it the same it will be just as good. You’ll need to put the thought in your head and let yourself feel it physically. Recovery is basically retraining your brain to live a good life without drugs. It’s a learning process. Everyone kept telling me “it takes time, it gets better” during detox i didnt believe them but almost 2 weeks and I really feel like they were right. It really does get better.

1 Like