Screenshot Your Clean time.”I’ll go first” (Part 1)

13 Likes

Keep going. You’ve gotta start (or restart?) somewhere. Reach out if you need support.

2 Likes

Way to go brother!

2 Likes

Yea really hit rock bottom the other night. Almost too embarrassing to post it lol. Starting aa this week. Gonna give it a real go this time.

2 Likes

I feel I hit my rock bottom also and that is why I’m here. It sounds like doing AA is a great idea. I haven’t taken that step yet but I’m reading a lot more about it and thinking about it. What triggered you(if you want to share)

Well… got extremely drunk. Wife was out at her friends house. Fractured her foot doing a tik tok dance lol. But I was so drunk I couldn’t meet them at the doctor. It was embarrassing. I knew it was only a matter of time before something like that happened. Just glad it wasn’t one of my kids…. I really messed up. Can’t let that happen ever again

3 Likes

Totally understand your disappointment when alcohol interferes not only in our lives but in the lives of the people we love. Kind of a wake-up call isn’t it? My family and daughter are the most important thing to me. I completely lied straight to my daughter face when she asked me if I’d been drinking as I stumbled to the counter after my 6th or 7th shot of gin, or was it vodka ?? I don’t even remember now. I didn’t get that drunk every night, but have drunk pretty much every night for the last 10 years as it slowly but steadily snowballed into a serious problem. When I woke up in the morning and had this vague memory of completely lying straight out to my daughter’s face I just knew I had to do something… So here I am and only on day 10 and although it’s been hard I feel so much better and I honestly know there’s no going back. I’ve tried many times on my own and with this support in this community I just feel sooooo motivated to do whatever I can to not end up being a person I can’t face in the mirror.

5 Likes

Sounds like my story. 38. Been drinking heavily for 10+ years. My kids have seen me stumble/ fall in to the wall. My 12 year old has seen it all. Going to be kinda hard to tell her how dangerous alcohol is but hopefully she’s seen it first hand and will not do as I did. Gonna go at this as hard as I can cause there really is no other option. I don’t know why I do what I do. I have it all. Own my business that successful. Have the most gorgeous wife. Awesome kids. Don’t know why I sabotage myself. I let the demons get the best of me.

1 Like

Had a rough upbringing. Some things that happened in my childhood. Some mental stuff goin on I think. My drinking is always the mental escape. The checking out kinda deal. I’ve never had withdrawal symptoms or anything. It wasn’t really a physical dependency. It’s all mental for me

1 Like

Thats enough money to buy a boat! [quote=“Nordique, post:13, topic:137400, full:true”]

[/quote]

:muscle:

14 Likes

18 Likes

15 Likes

It Does sound really really similar to me… Except that my husband drinks every night too so that makes it hard but he never gets(ok maybe twice in17 years of marriage) as drunk as I do.
If I drink. I literally can’t control it at all if I start. My daughter has seen stuff too, but I hide it welll most of the time. I’m honest with her about some of it, but not to the extent that i struggle. She knows i have this app now though and I’ve told her I really can’t drink at all because when I have one its always too many. It’s scary to tell her that outloud because now I can’t make excuses. I need to stop for good. I’m not suffering major withdrawal either. Fatigue, headache, a little nausea at first and some brain fog. Mostly just fatigue and brain fog now, but it’s totally worth it. I’m so glad I found this place. I’m thinking of trying an AA meeting too.
I’ve changed some habits and am totally learning my triggers. I try to go go go all the time, and I’ve been slowing down and allowing myself to practice self care instead of trying to care too much for everyone else. This is a lot of self discovery. I’m working at it. Nutrition and sleep are huge for me too. I often drank when really I just needed to eat! This is a disease. Don’t beat yourself up about it, just beat the disease. We can​:muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

16 Likes

Great job! I’m so happy for you :heart:

19 Likes

21 days to change a habit. Yes.

13 Likes

17 Likes

12 Likes

Wow :blue_heart: congratulations on your success. I understand it’s not over but you are a true warrior :blue_heart:

2 Likes