Screenshot your ticker

Absolutely. I’m amazed where I am in my life now.

700 days ago I was a complete wreck.

In 700 days I’ve bought and furnished my own home from having nothing, my relationships with my loved ones are the best they’ve ever been, I have gained 2 promotions in work, my health is great, I am a much nicer person, I rarely get angry, I rarely get anxious, I don’t carry fear, I have a new found confidence, I am happy.

I have dealt with a lot of crap too, it was amazing how I was able to cope with it all, and have learned and gotten stronger.

I couldn’t have imagined how it all would have changed, but I am so so grateful I decided to change. I want to keep learning and I am not bragging about any of the above. It just shows what is possible as I was a complete mess.

6 Likes

even though i feel awful and really dont see a point in staying clean i shall still move forward for myself

9 Likes

This is uncharted territory for me. I dont think ive gone this long without drinking since I was 21. I havent quite escaped the benzo withdrawals yet, but i do look forward to living life with a clear mind/conscience.

9 Likes

let’s see how i feel after a year of no drinking

8 Likes

You aren’t bragging, you should be bursting with pride for yourself and what you have achieved in those 700 days!
Just wish i could explain how amazing sobriety feels! How calm, content, healthy and anxiety free i have become, i never realised how much life i was missing when i was drinking!
Life isnt perfect, aside from working full time I care for my mum who has Alzheimer’s, but i am so happy I am able to spend this time with her, hangover free and making the most out of our days together :heart_eyes:.
Physically things are way easier, and i cringe when i think what i put my body through, and how ill i felt all the time. My mental health has improved dramatically, by learning to deal with anxiety in healthy ways such as self care, exercise and yoga. This continues to be a lifelong work in progress. My biggest achievement over nearly 2 years is happiness i never knew could exist. For the first time since I was 3 years old i feel happy.
Thank you for being my sober twin on this amazing journey :hugs:

3 Likes

6 Likes

:muscle::clap::heart_eyes::hugs:

6 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

Yeah!! Almost to your birthday!

1 Like

So close! It’s been quite a year.

6 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

This happened yesterday!

12 Likes

Megan!!! You are such a freakin’ rock star!!! Love you, gal!!!

3 Likes

Haha, I’m probably the most low key rock star alive.

4 Likes

Still a rock star!:sunglasses:

1 Like

As long as you’re not a Loki rock star. Lots of mischief could happen if that were true.

2 Likes

I mean, I can be kind of Loki-ish…

1 Like