Second day free of cocaine

I’m on my second day free of cocaine. It’s killing me I can’t stop crying and I feel so anxious and scared. Can anyone give me any tips on what I can do to try keep my mind of it ? I just want the hard part to be over with :sob::sob:

8 Likes

Hey :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum! I hear what ur saying. My DOC was crack cocaine. I struggled with getting past 3 days for a very long time. I suppose every person is diff, but for me the first 3 days were the hardest as the physical craving was there for it. After 3 days it got slightly easier for me. But then the mental obsession starts to kick in.
Literally just focus on the 24 hours ahead. Don’t look too far ahead bcuz that can be scary and overwhelming. Even if u have to take it 1 min/10min at a time… do that.
Distraction is good! And self care. Maybe a nice hot shower or tea or a walk outside if you can.
Are u into 12 step meetings? There are some great online ones or maybe in person in ur area. I use the Intherooms app for online meetings :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Andrea, you’re in the right place & welcome.

Writing down all the bad things you won’t do by staying away from going on another run helps. Talking & hanging out with others in recovery also helps. Maybe a CA meeting. In person or online.

I’d recommend a walk every time you start craving. Just a short 2-3 min one. Lots of water and healthy small, frequent meals.

You’re doing the right thing by saying no more. Stay the course and you get your life back. We do this shit a min, hour, day at a time. Hugs!

2 Likes

Thank you🥰 I am going to try that xxx

Thank you for replying i will definitely try :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xxx

Congrats Andrea on your 2 days. This must be an awful battle. Can you find a meeting. CA or NA?

If you can’t or don’t want to I hear there are meetings on line. You don’t even have to talk. Just hang out and listen.
There’s plenty on zoom. intherooms.com I’m not sure if these are just AA type meetings. But if your willing you could give it a look and see.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Those first days are really hard and I had to take it minute by minute, hour by hour to get through my days.

Some of the things that helped me were.

• listening to recovery podcasts
  • diamond painting
  • acrylic painting
  • puzzles
  • reading for HOURS on this forum
  • going to meetings and getting a sponsor
  • using my senses to get me through crisis situations ( hot and cold showers to soothe my emotions, incense to calm me, using my crystals, icepacks on my skin when I felt like I was going to fucking explode)
  • physical exertion I was throwing wood around my property might not be for you, but a brisk walk would work.
  • loud music and deep breathing.
    BoxBreathing

Sometimes it might feel impossible, but I am going to assure you it is possible . If you just get through the urge you will get a small break, then another urge will happen. You just need to get through that and then you will get another break. Try to pay more attention to the time inbetween the urges. Try to notice them more and be grateful for them, then it wont feel like you are in a constant state of fiending. The first ten days are the worst, after that it’s much better. Try to stick with it.

Sending love and strength. :heart:

5 Likes

Andrea makes my heart very happy with your desire to win this war, I send you a big hug, try to use some of the recommendations that you have been given here, going to or listening to a meeting is important to fight against compulsive obsessive thoughts, you are not alone in this and you don’t have to go through it alone. you are a wonderful human being and it is worth every day, every hour, every minute, every second to be clean, no fleeting moment of a dose beats that. the effort you put in now is worth it these first few days are really difficult, always remember that one dose is too much and a thousand doses will not be enough. we become a warrior just by not taking it, what awaits you after these hard times is wonderful. I am about to complete 3 years without cocaine in my life, and I assure you with my hands on fire that that effort of the first days has been worth every second of the following days. You can, I assure you, a big hug full of strength for you.

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome to this space! It’s my second day here and I’m 20 days sober not abusing prescription stimulants so I can relate. The first seven days was by far the hardest for me in terms of the physical side effects. It feels like you’re dying but good news is you won’t if that’s the only substance you’re withdrawing from. Doesn’t make it any less painful. I found it helpful to just let myself cry it’s super uncomfortable Bc we as users are so used to numbing any emotion. I’m here if you ever want to send a PM or anything. This shits hard but it does get easier!

3 Likes

Keep going don’t stop we all a bunch of struggler’s here but the good thing is if you have enough power to log in then you have enough power to make it another day. Good for you and great job. I’m 25 days clean and feel great. Put your armor on and let’s roll out. If you need help log in get fed some food and keep rolling :blue_heart:

4 Likes