Second day here

Hey, male 25 here, its my fourth day sober, ive just been browsing the forum so far. Its a lot of good tips from you all. Ive been addicted for atleast 5 years by alcohol.

The reason im here is because 5 days ago i completely blacked out and hurt the one i love the most, i have no memory of anything and i lost the keys to my apartment and broke my phone. Ive never done anything like it.

It destroyed me and scared me hearing what i had done the day before. I know im not the type of guy to hurt anyone ever. Ive lived with abuse most of my childhood, its the thing i hate the most in the entire world. Thankfullly she is okay today.

Ive decided to get help. I think i might be bipolar too (runs in family), and thats really bad in combination with alcohol. My mother had the same anger issues when she consumed too much, she is sober now though for 2 years.

Thats about it for now… Its not the whole story but its a start.

Im from Sweden so excuse my english, since my phone keyboard is set to swedish atm.

7 Likes

Fourth day well done. Keep going my man

2 Likes

I’m 33,

Been doing the same shit for years.

Don’t waste 8 years and end up where I am at 33. Take action now. You can have a good life. I’m sober 4 days. Shivering with anxiety from the regrets of Saturday night. I am in so much trouble with the police. Don’t do it to yourself like I have done. Don’t let the abuse from childhood ruin your future. That’s the same excuse and justification I always use when I have fucked up. Mum, dad, abuse, trauma … Drinking, drugging and abusing yourself and others, is not gonna solve it.

Rehaul your life. If you want a buddy, hit me up.

:heart: Mick

3 Likes

Thanks and I’m so sorry it happened to you. Be strong. It didn’t personally happen to me so much but my mother, and I watched it all for years… That’s why I’m so disgusted of myself.

I talked to her about what happened that night and we had a talk we have never had before.

You know you’re a good person without it. Keep staying on track. Feel free to hit me up too.

I did it to myself. I thought I was cured. I will never be cured. This cycle going on 19 years. Fuck that is bad.

What do you do for fun? Do you have hobbies?

Enlighten me. I’m interested. :slight_smile:

I used to do fun things with my girl, trips, bathing, watch movies. I recently fixed up an old moped.

Our biggest hobby was drinking tho… She is also an alcoholic. Which is bad.

This time I’m serious about quitting. I know you.can too. Keep fighting.

1 Like

Said that to myself so many times Billy. Look forward to seeing more updates. Good ones I hope. :heart:.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I’m also on day 4. We can do this one day at a time with the support and guidance of others. Be well :pray:

2 Likes