Self check in ✅ / My journey thread

Everything’s going good. My mom decided that I should move back in with her, I am single mom with me and my son my baby dad is in prison for most of his life. And he’s a drug dealer so he will unfortunately never be in kaysens life :dna: :baby_bottle: but that is what is best for my son. But anyways on with my story right now it’s best for me to move back in and pay my mom monthly rent and she will babysit my some full time bc I work second shift and my mom works 3rd shift so when I get home he will be asleep and she will watch him from 5-9:30 pm then she heads to work at FedEx which she just started there. But yeah and I am looking for a car right now ! I’m excited bc all I need To do is pay off my ticket :ticket::tickets: and buy a car :red_car: and I am back over here with her life is great and my DCS case is moving along great just got pre-approved for the unsupervised visits and I go to CHINS court for kaysen which is my son’s name April 5th and I’ll be pre-approved there for in trial home visits :house::house_with_garden: and boom I will finally have my baby back this has been a long time coming but it’s all coming to an end and I couldn’t be more happier! :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face::100::heart::people_hugging::raised_hands::muscle::clap:

17 Likes

Proud of you for doing what is needed. And glad your Mom is able to help out. My parents helped me when my daughter was a baby, I was a single teen mom, so I know it can be a life changer to have that support. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks girl :wink: how many kids do you have . Have you seen my son he is a little TERD :poop:

3 Likes

Between my husband and I, we have 3 adult children and our grandson, he is turning 9 in a couple of months!!!

You little guy is a doll.

2 Likes

Thank you so much let’s see some pics of yours ! I’d love to see :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing and yes proud of the steps you took to do what was needed. It gets better and life gets better as well. Wishing you all the best :+1:t4: on your journey.

1 Like

So today was an exciting day for me with my DCS case. My family case manager came to my mom’s to do the in home visit :blush: to approve my mom’s for me to do visits at her apartment and she loved the place it’s a perfect place for kaysen to be , most of you that know me I am currently in a DCS case, but the exciting news :newspaper::newspaper_roll: I have to share is that SHE IS SKIPPING STEPS!!! I’m only do 3 weeks for supervised visits then 30 days on unsupervised with pop-ins then 30 days on IN TRIAL HOME :house::house_with_garden: VISITS ! which means my son is back with me full time. So basically I’ve got 55 days and my son is back with his MOM! HOW EXCITING IS THIS I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD :earth_americas::earth_africa: RIGHT NOW just wanted to share with everyone on what’s been going on I get to see my some for visitation tomorrow and go to his nnutritionist, then i am heading to pay a ticket :ticket::tickets: which is the last one and then I can get mg driver’s license back :back: I’ve been looking for a car :red_car: so once I pay off the ticket and get the car :rotating_light: i move back in with my mom for now! Thanks everyone

23 Likes

This is great news :slightly_smiling_face:
Congratulations :purple_heart::pray:

2 Likes

I’m so happy for you! Congrats! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!! I am happy for you! It sounds like you are on a good path for you and your family. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

This is huge! I’m so happy for you, your mom, and your son.

3 Likes

That is very, very exciting!! So many reasons to celebrate your sobriety.

2 Likes

Thank you so much I do really appreciate it

1 Like

Yes I know ! I thank God every day

2 Likes

I know :slight_smile:

He’s a little sleepy head today lol in the car :rotating_light::red_car:

2 Likes

Yep! Never going back that’s for sure

3 Likes

I know 55 days and this shit is over I have been a long time coming and wasn’t doing so great at first but I made it I did it and I’ll never go back I can’t wait to make up with missed time with my son! It’s gonna be amazing only going up from here !!!

5 Likes

Thank u so much

2 Likes

I know! This is amazing :star_struck: things are working out so well it’s amazing how when u get sober how things seem to pan out

2 Likes

Every day! Actually, every single day. Don’t ever get complacent.

3 Likes