Self harm and suicide

I tried to stop cutting a year ago and I can’t stop cutting and it’s something I can’t control anymore, I have no idea what to do and I’m way to nervous to say anything to my parents because they’ll probably get mad at me or be more disappointed in me. The next thing is a few days ago I tried to commit suicide but it didn’t work because i didn’t have enough pills or something like that but I feel like I should go to the mental hospital again but I’m very nervous to bring it up to my therapist. Any advice?

2 Likes

I don’t have any advice other than to suggest using the search function at the top (it’s the magnifying glass icon) and search out self harm threads as there are lots of them that will contain excellent advice.
Please do talk to your therapist/local mental health proffesionals about this so that they can offer you the help that is available, don’t let shame or fear dictate what you do moving forward.
Welcome to this fabulous community,there is someone here to talk to 24/7 so reach out if and when you need to.
:slight_smile::blush::slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do it , bring it it up to your therapist. Dont go through this on your own. Please try to stay alive, whatever it takes, stay with us ,do it for you! :rose:

5 Likes

Please talk to someone, even if it is to rant on here. Remember you are never alone, even if you think you are. I know I should practice what I preach, I feel alone at times and find it is easier talking to stangers. You have a community here. It is hard to talk about mental health, especially to those closest to us. I suppose we don’t want to let people down. Can you speak to your GP and arrange counselling. Try talking to your parents, they might be upset to see you hurt rather thinking you failed them. Take care and don’t be hard on yourself, you can beat this :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Sometimes the only way through things is through them. You need to have that uncomfortable conversation with your parents or therapist. You can do it! I’m rooting for you from Southern California! :blue_heart:

P.S. Be sure and tell them how much you want to get better. That should be the key thing they hear from you, and a way you can take control of the conversation!

4 Likes

Go to the hospital for sure sweetheart there’s nothing to be ashamed or scared of and your family will be grateful you’re reaching out for help. Please go you’re doing the right thing @Cmdh7 proud of you!

3 Likes

Deffo talk to your therapist, best thing your ever do, or find a group with people who do these sort of things, if it’s any consolation, I also was a self harmer cut my own throat open - missed my windpipe by 2cm!! , and used to try suicide, after 7 times trying it didnt plan out, wasent ment to be!!! How ever, on a posative note, I spoke up and haven’t done it since. It’s deffo a must. Hope you get some courage from this reply. Your life is worth living! Be strong!

3 Likes

Hi sorry I’m late to reply but I’m a mother of a daughter who self harms and I’d never be angry at her as a parent all I want is for her to get the help and support she needs like you my daughter kept things a secret and even tried to take her life … now it’s out in the open I’m aware when she’s having a bad day and I can talk things through she also has a theopist who she sees each week I’m talking to you as I’d talk to my daughter please open up to someone you trust and get help be open with your family you never know they may surprise you with love and support. Sending you lots of strengh and courage x

4 Likes

How old is your daughter?
Can I help you with this problem?

1 Like

Ah bless your heart my daughter is 17 she’s doing so well at moment she’s not self harm in a year she goes to see her theopist every week and I’m so honoured she talks to me openly of course I live with so much guilt and shame from being a addict but I thank God each day I’m clean and she’s not self harming x

2 Likes

They knew that I self-harmed before and I’m not sure if they care that much, they just pressure me to answer the questions they ask and tell me not to do it which is fine but I’m not sure if how would they react because my mom is actually not the best and not the nicest to me. I’m proud of your daughter, I hope everything is well. Thank you

1 Like

I am 13 years old and I’m not sure to be honest

Bless you your 13 and seem to have so much going on in your head . R u at school where you can talk this through with a trusted teacher ? X

2 Likes

I struggled (and still do) with both self-harm and suicidal thoughts. It was so hard to let people know and in many cases, I lost friends, and later when I talked to my wife, it backfired, to say the least. Many people, friends, and family, can handle mental health issues. It is NOT their fault, they have no experience, no training, and it’s scary. I felt utterly alone.
Talk with your therapist, please talk with your therapist. They are trained and they are your advocate. Be honest with them and yourself! Don’t do this alone.
And please continue to reach out to people here. I do not “know” or your problems, but I care for you just the same as do so many other people.

1 Like

There is a suicide text line that i used in the past. Consider it :heart:
Text HOME to 741741

3 Likes

You’re not alone, there is a help for You. I understand that You don’t want to talk to Your parents, you probably should do that, but - You just must tell everything to Your doctor.
Everything will be alright, just don’t neglect professional help.

2 Likes

No really, I’m going into highschool soon and I don’t trust any teacher except for this one teacher that was at my old school so I don’t have really a teacher I trust

1 Like

I told everything to my therapist but I haven’t talked to my parents because I been hiding from them for hours and I’m not sure what they said about it to each other and the therapist did call them so they know which is making me nervous plus my grandma is not that happy…

Thank you.

Thank you I did talk to my therapist about it and I don’t really have anyone to talk to anymore because of what’s happening with my friends so this is the only way I can vent or something