Self harm:-(

I’m El 16 I have got this app about a hour ago
as I feel my self harm has gotten to a point where I feel uncomfortable with my body ans the way it looks I last self harmed yesterday at 3 am
I started self harming at 13 due to family problems and severe bullying
I somtimes have no reason to do this but a urge come over me and I feel like I need to even if I dont feel anything
it has become a regular thing that my brain thinks its time to do it and i dont want that anymore

4 Likes

Hey, first of all, welcome! This is your first step and I encourage you to keep on going. It sounds easy and is not like that we know, we’re all here for different addictions, and life stuff. I lived a self harm situation when I was 17, I had bulimia and I went psychologist, I started meditation and I tried everything to get over that, I was in a bad place very dark all I knew was I didn’t want to be like that anymore. What I’m trying to say is, we’re a support network and we know you can dot his girl! It’s a slow process, totally worths the patience.

1 Like

thanks you so much for your reply means alot that there is people out there I can talk to

1 Like

I also hope your doing well

1 Like

is this your first time trying to stop? i’ve struggled with self harm myself, and my best advice is stopping for yourself and not for others, and that seems to be why you’re here so it’s a great start. with me i struggled with copping i guess and whenever i leave self harm, i do other self destructive behaviours and rely on substances. i hope you don’t go down that path, cause i saw those other behaviours as “good” as it’s not making me bleed and it wasn’t something visible i guess to the naked eye. i hope your journey goes well

I have told my mum she suffers with mental health problems she said that there was no need for me to do it because I haven’t been through the same stuff she has so its nothin

1 Like

I was thinking about rubber bands but I like the way the blood trickles and it’s like the badness leaving my body that’s the hardest bit

1 Like

it might help at first but in the end the pain isn’t the same and you’re just tempting yourself with another sort of pain which can worsen your craving to self harm again

Hi. I have little time in this forum. I feed a lot on the experiences and the help of this place. I really think you have come to a good place. I did not physically injure myself, but I am hurt by my thoughts and by substance use. This generally hurts my family and the people who love me. Addiction is a disease, this is nothing moral. you can be calm here nobody is going to judge you, on the contrary, we support each other. One of the characteristics of addiction is our OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE behavior. and it is hard to admit this. But think about it for a moment, you say “I hurt myself” . And you know it hurts you. and you keep doing it. and you are looking for ways to do it I tell you this because it helped me to know it. It helped me to understand that the illness that I have makes me behave in this way. And I have no control over it. for that reason I cannot give power to it. Because if I keep getting injured, I will do it compulsively and obsessively. Imagine this I am aware of everything I tell you and I find it hard to accept it many times, because my thoughts sabotage myself, and I have unpleasant emotions and feelings towards myself and the people who love me, that I end up hurting myself. myself. And how does this happen, if I am aware of what I just said. Well BoooOoomm !!! it’s called addiction. And it’s hell. Perhaps what I tell you is very logical, but I want you to take it very seriously, if you are worried about what is happening to you and how you feel you are losing control. stopping now is a big step. You don’t let this go any further. You are young and I am sure you are a wonderful person. that you are worth a lot. But something in your beautiful head is hurting you and it is best to speak it. downloading what hurts us heals our soul. You need professional help from someone who will give you therapeutic guidance, you are not afraid or ashamed, you are the most special person for yourself, and do not fall into other people’s labels. You don’t need anyone’s approval for this. asking for help is good. Something that I come up with is that you google about “self-acceptance” and read it, if you apply it to your life this will help you a lot, and when you think you need help about a thought, a pain, a resentment, or something that you are emotionally hating, share it in this forum. there are many wonderful people here. we help each other

@ellouise16 know this was a while ago… but i have been clean from cutting for about 15 days now. And i understand that doing it for so long and you don’t really feel the need to, meaning nothing bad happens, but your brain is telling you you need to do it. I have been there! What i can say has worked for me, is distracting myself, God/reading the Bible, and being honest with myself (starting to open up more). I’m not sure if you’re religious/spiritual. But if you would like to learn more about God I would be happy to tell you how much He loves you. And He doesn’t want us to harm His temple (our bodies) by cutting.