Serial relapser

Hi TS,I’m reaching out,I was “hazy” but I forgot my password or it just wasnt working so this is me…my drinking is totally out of control,…I am 6hours sober,just gonna do this like ihave done last couple of years,be sober…my house is upside down and I felt so ashamed of myself cleaning up my kitchen this afternoon and emptying the bin of cans and cans…I feel sorry for my kids having to put up with me drinking.its not fair on them,and I feel ashamed…thanks x

8 Likes

Well done for reaching out, keep connected and ask for help when u need it,have ubthought about going to your local drug and alcohol support service they have programs there to help you stay sober.be kind to yourself and your emotions will be all over the place BT just go with it . try to grab a shower and get an early night .day 13 for me tomorrow it’s possible if u want it hard enough.xx

1 Like

Find a support group that can relate to your struggles. I was also a serial relapser until I started working the steps suggested to me by my support group. And I mean really working them, :100:. Keep your head up and take care.

3 Likes

I’ve been a serial relapser for a long time now, so I understand just how you feel. I’m almost on day 5, and no matter how many times I’ve relapsed, I just have to believe this is the time it sticks. Never give up. You can do it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for all your replies,I wont give up on me,.gets worse and worse everytime I pick up …simple to just not pick up…

1 Like

That’s really all there is too it Ola Sober. But we can all use some help with it. The addicted part of our brains can play so dirty tricks on us. Be sure to have continuous support, support here, from a support group, from friends, just be sure not to go it alone. Together we can do this. Success!

2 Likes

If what you have been doing in the past has lead you here then perhaps it’s time to try something different.

Hey @anon12657779 I have been on here for a year and a half I think under @Hazy I couldn’t get into the account so I just made a new one,…Thanks.

Yeah saw your post Hazy. Welcome back.

1 Like

Ola Sober, thanks for sharing. We all remember the first day. Looks like you posted about 3 hrs ago. How are you doing? Try to look forward to the benfits of being sober. The things you will do with your kids, the extra time you will have. Have a plan for when you start thinking it is okay to have a drink or two. Instead of thinking about the past and feeling shame, think about the past to learn your triggers and address them going forward. Your are not alone. There are a lot of great caring people here who share the same experience and have learned how to deal with their addiction. Learn from them. You are not alone.

2 Likes

Thanks @Glyko…have had so many day 1s…most days sober was about 23days over a year ago… …alcohol just doesn’t work anymore,I picked up daily and didnt even want to drink it ,kind of forced myself to carry on drinking…insane…

1 Like