Server Maintenance Complete

15 Likes

Just confirming same for me (summary/profiles time out).

2 Likes

I’ve made some configuration changes to improve performance, but it looks like it might be an issue with the latest Discourse installation. I’ve asked on the official Discourse support category and hopefully I’ll get an answer soon.

8 Likes

Thank you for all you do for us @Robin!

2 Likes

How are things looking? Profile and summary seem to be loading for me and the server seems pretty responsive now.

5 Likes

I got an error: searching was disabled on pc, because there was so much activity(there barely was any), but when I tried again it did work

When was this?

I think about 3hrs ago, I’m not certain, had an active day

The error was in a red box btw, if that’s of any use

I know the error. It’s the forum disabling certain things when its resources are low. From the official Discourse support category I’ve been told that after a recent upgrade, the forum performs some long-running background processes that eat up resources. It takes quite a few hours, but it should resolve itself within a day.

4 Likes

Great @Robin !! Thnx 4 replying my mail

1 Like

Thank you, I did notice! But at the same time my wifi was bugging out so I thought it was just me :joy: thank you for being someone who is so on top of it and caring about us! Hugs!

3 Likes

I didn’t know how much I needed you till you weren’t there anymore.
Thank goodness it was just a server upgrade.
Thankyou for everything.

5 Likes

Hey @Robin thanks so much for your hard work keeping the site going - it’s a great support and I do enjoy the memes! :blush:
I just wondered whether you might be able to compress image files uploaded, lots of them are over 2Mb and that surely just clogs up the server. Is there any way the files could be compressed before display?
Just my 2 cents :grin:

1 Like

What does this mean, and why is it shown?

Hi there!! It means a lot of people are accessing the forum and / or that the server is working hard. So you may see the forum a bit differently from usual.

1 Like