Seven Days, but the Best Seven Days!

I have been uneasy about posting but I’m ready.

I always told myself alcohol wasn’t a problem. I could never be as bad as my father… or my grandfather… or my great grandmother. Being raised with alcoholics, I didn’t realize the unconscious impact it would have on my young adult life. It has messed with my relationships in the past but last week when my fiancé told me he was going to leave me so he wouldn’t have to live with a drunk a realization hit. The realization that if I keep on this Monotonous path I could end up like my father… dead at 43. This. Hit. Hard. When you push things away and don’t think they will effect you, they always creep up.
I’m on day 8, I made it a WEEK! WOOOO! I have tried on multiple occassions but only have made it 2-3 days at a time in the past. I’m proud of my milestone and can’t wait to keep going!

A shout to everyone, who uses this forum. Everyone’s stories and thoughts have been a great outlet and I don’t feel so alone. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Thank you🥰

I know the guts it takes to face yourself in the mirror and to stand, open and vulnerable, in front of others. Great first step. Happy to walk next to you!

3 Likes

8 days is AWESOME. It’s such a wonderful achievement when you’ve been trying for a while.
I remember it like it was yesterday, because I never thought I’d get there.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congrats on your first week down and to deciding to end a chapter and start a new one. One where you are truly present mentally, physically and emotionally. It’ll be hard, it’ll sometimes suck, and there will be moments where you’ll be tested…BUT do NOT lose sight of the fact that you are strong and you hold the power in regards to what you chose to do…the decisions you decide to make in your hands.

Like you, I come from a long line of drinkers…my biological father died at 48 due to drugs and alcohol. I always swore I’d never be like him…and then I started to become him in what felt like a blink of an eye.

The choices we make now establish if we are going to live in a personal heaven or hell. We can lose everything, and for what…?

We can do this…YOU can do this, and the results will be plainly evident.

Don’t lose sight of what and who you want in your world…and be mindful of how quickly you can lose everything with a few bad choices.

If you ever want to chat I’m here…we all are. Stay the course, and welcome to a brand new life! :blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for more information! Yeah my sleep cycle is off but I’m ready to power through!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate the support🥰

1 Like