Sharing IRL

After posting my brief life story on here, I decided to share it with my outpatient group.

The opportunity didn’t present itself last week, so I announced to the class this morning I had something I wanted to read if they were willing to give me a little time. Of course they were super supportive, and I’ve gotten to know these individuals a little over the last month, so I wasn’t so much nervous as I was excited.

Public speaking doesn’t bother me, but a lot of my story is one clouded by mistakes and poor decisions. Trading a lot of my successes for epic failures. That’s always the part I am wary to share.

My higher power is the Truth (yes capital “T”), and I’ve made the decision to be rigorously honest in everything I do, so I thought sharing to be of service to my higher power.

Needless to say, there were wide-eyed reactions and some small gasps when I got to the parts about abusing drugs while I was a teacher, and my lack of morality when it came to theft, AND my continued attempts to destroy my life beyond recognition…but I think everyone received my message that there REALLY is hope for each and every one of us.

Afterwards, they all said I should write a book about my life; which I have–detailing some of the more exciting and depraved stuff–but I haven’t had enough people read and edit it.

Anyways I feel a little lighter in my step and a little brighter in the light today! Everytime I take a look at my past, I know in my heart that I will never have to experience those things again!

7 Likes