Sharing what i am ashamed of

I have thought about creating a post, but have felt so ashamed of myself for relapsing and smoking cannabis. I have smoked regularly for the last month. I started up again due to some challenges in school and it just took ahold of me, again. Today is day 1. I know i can do this, just cant believe i put myself back into this situation after over a year clean.

16 Likes

You’re taking accountability for yourself, that takes courage. You’ll have your year back and more before you know it. Best wishes

4 Likes

Good for you for stopping today!!!

3 Likes

Im sorry that you relapsed but try and let go of that shame. The shame and guilt is what helps our addict brain get stronger. You are here now and wanting to be free of this addiction- good on you for that. Stay strong and reach for the will power to defeat the urges.
You are not your addiction and you can be free!

3 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement, everyone. One day at a time, just as before. I wish you all well on this journey! :heart:

4 Likes

Shame gives our addict brains the fuel to tell us that we don’t deserve love, or compassion, for any of those other very important things that we need to recover. It isolates us, which is one of the worst things for us. Progress, not perfect. You’re doing your best to survive and I am proud of you!

Someone that helped me view shame in a different light was Brene Brown. She has some great Ted Talks that I’ve watched.

You got this! :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Good you are here. Good you are not giving up. Fight for your sobriety. Don’t ever give up. You are so worth of a sober and Happy life. How are you today?

2 Likes

You are making a great decision! Marijuana is bad news…

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing it helps everyone.

1 Like