Shattered Dreams

Perhaps, I’m different. I’ve never been alcoholic. I abuse alcohol.

Don’t ever put a label on me… that’s my job. I have a promising career! If you ever search me, you’ll find I’ve been around here since a day one. I have all the info.

In my defense, I used to drink a bottle of everclear a day. At the very least a handle of vodka. This is my journey.

I now drink a handle, every month or a 7 pack every week.

Where are you going at with this exactly and why are you posting that you drink when everyone else here is trying to STOP themselves from drinking? @siand, you need to come and take this down or lock it. This sort of behavior is totally unacceptable.

7 Likes

A reminder of the forum rules:

Also a reminder that the opt-in category ‘Seeking Help’ is there for anyone who wants to post while under the influence, which is not allowed on the main forum.

https://talkingsober.com/g/Seeking_Help

6 Likes

Who has put a label on you in a way that makes you unhappy?

I would also say that many people who do consider themselves alcoholics/ addicts also had or have successful careers. I wonder why you make that distinction?

I am sure part of the reason I never considered myself an alcoholic because it made me different or separate. I wasn’t a daily drinker, not physically dependent etc so it wasn’t that bad. Well, it got bad enough for me to think it was a problem and that something had to be done about it. That’s why I’m here!

For me, the label is the least important thing. What’s most important is what I am doing about it. And alcohol in any quantity has no place in my solution. Life is just better without it.

7 Likes

It sound like you’re proud to come here to say this. Man that is so wrong.

Imagine how many people will read this and come out beginning their day thinking “maybe I can handle some vodka myself?”

Then the next day they have no more job.
Because that’s what will happen if I drink ever again at work.

And by the way, abusing alcohol is a listed disease in the Diagnosis and statistical manual for Mental health disorder, the psychiatric bible every physicians and therapists uses. It’s called alcohol use disorder, and it is not “curable” : it’s either you’re in early recovery or sustained recovery.

It’s not a label, it’s just medical knowledge.

3 Likes

You havnt been around here since day 1 if you joined in 2017. Get off your high horse and spew your bullshit elsewhere. This isn’t facebook

6 Likes

That’s exactly what you are looking like…a person on defense.

I recommend some serious self-reflection.

This sort of rant is not helpful for anyone…including you @Shattered_dreams.

4 Likes

He can share his views elsewhere. Posting about actively drinking and glorifying it is against the rules here. This post clearly has upset members including myself

2 Likes

@siand @SassyRocks @Eke can somebody close this thread ? Only going to be causing problems

2 Likes

There is a fine line between sharing experiences and promoting moderation. But will close to let things cool off and maybe we can come back to it later.

4 Likes