Shit I did it Again!

Man! I was doing so good. I was 2 days sober, I know it ain’t much but in my case it was :frowning: I had to deal with my commute driving through some 10 liquor stores. I did well until my stupid mind caught the 2 for 5 clearance alcohol section. It was like “game over”. Sadly to say I drank 2 of not the best Chardonnay bottles. Man I regret this so bad that I’m crying as to why would I do this:’(

3 Likes

You can’t dwell on what you’ve done your trying its gonna he hard but keep pushing on you got this any day sober is a win!!! If you need anything reach out there’s plenty of us out here that will help we are in this together your not alone!!!

2 Likes

If they were the best of the best bottles, would it have been worth it? For me, absolutely not.

What kinds of things are you doing to stay sober?

1 Like

I’ve been reaching out sharing at meetings don’t be alone surround yourself with positive sober people I focus on the good make a gratitude list of what your grateful for be active anything that could help do It but don’t do it alone my biggest thing is the support of the people that I’m surrounding. Myself with these days

1 Like

I’m trying to go out and work out. Since I started drinking I have gained 25 lbs

I’ve been working on my diet and trying to be active I gained weight getting clean I was replacing my addiction with another one food but I’ve adjusted my diet and have been more active and feel way better

1 Like

Honestly I have no friends or family that I can rely on. Also I’m having trouble getting a sponsor
so I’ve been trying to do this in my own for so many years. Everyone in my immediate famiy brushes it off. So I have no support. I just want to get better and not try & hide anymore.

1 Like

How active are you here? I lived on here in the beginning. Have you tried a group like AA,SMART, Recovery Dharma?

The way I see it, there is support and then there are cheerleaders.

My friends and family, for the most part, couldn’t offer the support I needed because they were not alcoholics or problem drinkers, so they were cheerleaders. They gave me kudos and pats on the back. It felt good, but it was nowhere close to what I needed.

The support I needed came from others that had the same struggles that I had and knew how to overcome them. I got that support here on this forum.

Come here everyday. Post on the Daily check-in thread, Share your struggles, get support. If you’re spending your time here, you won’t be spending it drinking.

One big thing that was a game changer was laid out in this thread: Changing your Relationship with Alcohol

Everything you need for success is already in your possession, don’t let anyone make make you think otherwise.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the support! I really needed to hear that I’m not alone. I’ve been trying Boot Camp, trying walks, trying to meditate etc. But nothing works for me. I talk to a therapist because I’m bipolar so this addiction just adds to my problems. One day I hope I can look back and realize that a sober life was the best way to be. I’m surprised as to how difficult this has been since I was a Meth addict for 11 years and left that like nothing but of course I just replaced it with alcohol :persevere:

1 Like

I agree with that as well. I don’t have support really and also seeking a sponsor . Relying on myself was challenging at first- but I am improving the time between falls.

Alcohol is cunning, baffling, and powerful. We can’t quit but we want to. Get back on the abstinence. The longer you stay sober the less you’ll have the urge.

For those seeking a sponsor, and are having trouble…when you go to a meeting…what happens…when you ask, what happens?

I waited several months before I reached out to a member to ask if he would sponsor me. I wanted to make sure what I was getting in the sense of someone that I felt would be a good fit for me. Someone that wouldn’t co-sign my bullshit and hold me accountable if I got to a point where I wasn’t.

To answer your question, we have several members in my fellowship that are eager to sponsor and a few that are clearly not interested. If they are approached, they would steer a newcomer to one of the members that are more open to sponsorship.

1 Like