Should I go to an AA meeting?

Hi sober gang! :sunny::coffee::sunny: I’m still going strong (100 days as of Aug 6th)!

I was thinking about going to my first AA meeting, but I’m slightly nervous on what to do? Do I just go and sit down? I know this probably sounds rather ignorant, but not knowing how to prepare will spike my anxiety and we all know that isn’t good.

I appreciate any thoughts or advice for me regarding attending my first AA meeting.

Thanks a million everyone! :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::black_heart::white_heart:

8 Likes

Yes you absolutely should give it a try. I went to my first meeting in February, and then thought ah don’t need it anymore and then the covid hit hard and froze everything up. I can’t work my recovery on my own and finally a couple weeks ago picked them back up. It is scary I agree, but we’re all going there for the same reason. And there are ppl there with years of sobriety and great advice. Yes just go in sit down relax and embrace everything. You’ll walk out feeling great, specially when you hear your story through someone else you’ll see man we are all in this together.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I appreciate your feedback and advice!!! :sunglasses::blush::sunny::yellow_heart:

Amazing! Thank you for the list… I love a good list! :joy::heart::sunglasses:

I really appreciate it!!! I think I’m going to go this Friday. :blush::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how welcoming it is there…!

3 Likes

Yes give them a try they will help remember everyone there has been were you have and will understand your anxiety, we used to give the new comers a half cup of tea or coffee hands still shake a bit ,youl be ok this old Scotsman been going for decades WISH YOU WELL

3 Likes

Pretty much the same at the meetings I’ve been to Jenna in the UK.

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound ignorant at all sweety, I think a AA meeting is the best thing you could do right now. Ide go and sit down and just listen until you are comfortable and ready to share your experience, strength, and hope. Besides its good to here others point of veiw on where this disease took them

2 Likes