Show me your transformations! (Shirts required)

@DungeonMaster @Sober_Ninja thank you both! I feel miles better from that first photo. I feel clear and healthy and empowered :muscle: Ready to set a good example for my boys :hugs:

2 Likes

Wow huge transformation you look amazing!

1 Like

March of 2018. Probably the height of my drinking. I had just been fired from my job and I didn’t give a damn.

Today. 90 days sober.

37 Likes

Look at your beautiful, clear eyes and glowing skin in that second picture. Amazing.

1 Like

The color in your skin is great! Look at you!

1 Like

You’re too kind. :heart:

1 Like

You’re too kind! :heart: Just my morning sweat!

2 Likes

You’re too kind! :heart:

I love the life in your eyes, well done girl!

1 Like

Thank you so much. It’s amazing when you do a comparison what a difference there is! Feeling awesome and proud of myself!

2 Likes

Looking good!

You look like you have way more clarity. Well done.

1 Like

Wow. Amazing. You look radiant now. Well done!!

2 Likes

Someone told me yesterday that they were having a glass of wine and then remembered how my eyes were sparkling (i have told everyone in work that I am doing ‘dry 2018’). I don’t have pictures of myself to compare but yours are so radiant, very proud of you.

2 Likes

Well thanks so much! I’m also an RN ~ Mr. Epi/Lido :smile:By the name I’m guessing Paramedic??

This picture has my family in it, so to protect their privacy, they got an emoji to the face :joy: this was October 2017, at this point I had basically given in to my addiction. I didn’t care who saw me drunk or at what time. This was for a wedding for my cousin. I drank from 10:30 AM (I was the first one in the reception hall for a drink) until 10:30 PM that day. I’m bloated. Grossly overweight. I’m unhappy. I didn’t want to be there.

And then today, one month sober. I don’t think I look that much differently besides being less bloated and fat :joy::joy: but, I feel so much better, so for the time being, that’s all that matters.

46 Likes

Guilty as charged lol.

2 Likes

Thank you! Feeling good too!

These photos were taken almost two years apart to date and although there doesn’t appear to be that much of a physical difference, the emotional, spiritual, psychological and intellectual transformation was worth the struggle. I left a marriage, a CULT, money, a house, a property, and a life full of lies and toxic relationships to gain an actual future with my kids, the loves of my life and my everything else worth fighting for.

In leaving all of the above, I left with nothing but a car, a painting from my mom, and 35 cents but I’ve gained more determination and strength than I could’ve ever imagined. My husband and his cult have taken my children and I’m fighting for custody with everything I have but I fight sober and determined to not let alcohol take One more thing that I hold dear. It’s been six months since I left and almost two years to the day that the first picture was taken on my 15th wedding anniversary and I am happy to say that I will spend our 17th wedding anniversary eagerly awaiting our divorce, happy, sober, and FREE of the sources that kept me chained to addiction and spiritual death. I’ve never felt more alive and full of love, joy, faith, and most of all HOPE! For 17 years I didn’t know who I was looking at in those lost and deadened eyes. Now I stare back at the artist and mother I was born to be. My heart soars on wings of eagles daily as I fight an organization that has taken everything I love from infancy. (No Joke) I have never been happier and as a former JW, I now knock on hearts and not doors. If ANYONE thinks of relapsing, I am only a message away… you all have my heartfelt support, empathy, and respect as I wouldn’t be here today without you.

Mahalo with all my heart.

74 Likes

Good gawd girl! You are the most adorable thing ever! If you were to continue to drink that gorgeous hair would eventually start thinning and your beautiful smile would begin to dull… take it from someone who’s drank their youth almost away… the fountain of youth is within our spirit and WATER keeps it flowing hehe

Thank you for sharing your beautiful smile with us! You are a light among a generation of dulling smiles! Keep sober, we need more you’s!

3 Likes