Show the artist within you (Part 1)

Design for the most part, sometimes a customer wants a specific font. So I like when they give me freedom to design.

2 Likes

@anon30771928 I LOVE it. Keep painting please, pleaseā€¦:orange_heart::blue_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::milk_glass::doughnut:

2 Likes

@JasonFisher chests and pictures five stars quality and beauty. I said it before but I love ocean themes and your work of art is super inspiring

2 Likes

I LOVE this!

1 Like

Love it!!

Also Iā€™ve been hesitating to post a bit of my writing on here, but your vulnerability inspires me to be brave too, so Iā€™m closer than I was before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ifs, @anon30771928. James, Mel. That shows strength just there. Iā€™m slowly getting to the point where I feel I could sing at a gig. Iā€™ve done it a few times in practice now. Maybe next gig? Iā€™ll try and get a recording.
Keep going guys :grinning:

5 Likes

Ive had this image in my mind for days now, so I figured Iā€™d try to sketch it outā€¦ my youngest and I sit like this quite often and it makes me feel so whole :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Hereā€™s a few more of my carvings. I havenā€™t carved for several years. I am working towards getting a studio so I can carve again.

12 Likes

You got skills dude. You should be doing comic book sketches and for animated films etc :+1::grinning:

2 Likes

Its debateable who I truly bought this magnadoodle forā€¦

14 Likes

@anon13078412 you are good to me. I realize how much technique I lack

1 Like

@DanielleRae how loving and tender are this drawings!!! Motherhood so so beautiful!!! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Currently working on this 3x4 foot moth. My arms are going to fall off by the time Iā€™m done with this. Third painting session on it.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s good. I wish I had some art skills but I am truly hopeless :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™ve got a few I need to pull out and finish. Iā€™m a self taught since about 10 years old, never tried to be pro or perfect, just paint the stress out.

I imagine it brings a sense or feeling of peace and serenity just getting stuck in to something like that for a coupe of hours. Iā€™m quite creative in constructing things just not with things like drawing and painting etc :+1:

1 Like

This isnā€™t meant to stand alone, more of a teaser from something Iā€™m working on. Still needs editing, too. But here you go.

Ice and salt tore at Avelā€™s earthen coppered hair like in any other storm, but the wind could no longer truly latch on at this length. Brushing a tar-stained hand through his hair, he shooed off what water he could. The action was futile, of course, but heā€™d satisļ¬ed the itch. For the moment, he could almost believe yesterday had been real.

Wet planks underneath him suddenly shoved him upwards and went back down without him, racing his heart. When he ļ¬nally caught the ground, right knee and ankle erupted in agony, alongside scattered shouts of surprise and alarm from crewmates rushing to assess the ship for damage. Wordlessly, Avel struggled to an upright position. Jaren was in his ear, trying to out-shout the spray, trying to get a response. Avel only nodded. It was time for Jaren to trust his own experience; he wouldnā€™t always have instructions to lean on, not if he was going to take over someday. Jaren left to panic elsewhere, letting Avel a moment to squeeze his eyes shut and breathe out the pain. When that brought precisely as much relief as expected, he tracked down a ļ¬st-sized bottle of some sort of brew, hobbled to his bunk to uncork it, and waited in his thoughts for some relief. Instead, his memories haunted him.

Ilene hadnā€™t understood; her silent shock sent the void between them to shuddering, and her eyes melted, never to recover. She only turned her head away, to the hills, heather, and home. Her hands stayed stifļ¬‚y in front of her, a thumb massaging pressured spirals upon the opposite palm. Dark chestnut hair ļ¬‚ew heedless and rampant over soft features, but even the windā€™s disrespect could not assault the outward composure she had managed to muster.

ā€œWe can still do this, together,ā€ said Avel. Hope ļ¬‚ashed behind her eyes at the warm grit of his voice, but quickly ļ¬‚ickered when the words themselves caught up, with their implications.

She still could not look his direction, nor respond to his affront. ā€œTell me you considered what this means for Akha.ā€

Avel paused, lost. ā€œI did.ā€ Was she grasping at consolation, or passing pithy rhetoric? Guilt had made his response empty, though. Neither would the tears come.

She shook her head, and as she spoke, her voice broke. ā€œYou canā€™t ever make it worth it.ā€ She was still standing tall, but tears now spilled down hot and free. She ļ¬nally looked at him. ā€œBut try.ā€

It would be easier if she just lost it. He could have handled that. But not this. Standing there, so quiet, hands pressed together. Inwardly broken, watching him. Letting his heart shred as hers did. He stepped back to the road, not sure yet if he did so to obey, or to escape.

ā€œYouā€™ll try?ā€ She was several paces behind by now, and not understood over the ignorant whine of the wind.

6 Likes

Ha haa! James, finally get to read something from you. Thatā€™s very good you know!
Looking forward to seeing more sometime my friend :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! It was fun to write. But tough too, two scenes is just too small a space to introduce these particular characters with! Eventually they may have a whole novel of room to play in. If my interests would just stop competing for my attention! I get somewhere with writing, and music snatches me away, then something else, and so onā€¦

4 Likes

A few more recent pieces . Hope everyone is doing great x

23 Likes