Show the artist within you (Part 1)

Yep fantasy! I am actually way more into building worlds and languages than actually writing stories in them :smile:

2 Likes

Yes jon-paul I am. Thank you for the kind words

2 Likes

@Jon-Paul_Palmer what a surprise!! You are so gifted!!! Really good paintings!!! Any advice for the amateurs like me?

1 Like

You are a master. Any book or advice for people like me who try to improve?

1 Like

I feel like most of us are more into the world building than the actual writing. It’s so much fun to create a world we wish we lived in! We have a High Fantasy thread in here somewhere.

Hi. There is no replacement for practice. Do it again and again and again. Practice is the key to most things. From riding a bike to painting a picture the more often you do it the more you learn. When you make a mistake work out what you did wrong,change it and don’t make that mistake again. Learn to look properly. People think they have looked at an object they are drawing buthave they REALLY LOOKED ? Observation of what is really there is important. Most all enjoy what you create forget what others think its YOU that counts. Are YOU happy with it? If not do it again but better.

3 Likes

Thank you for the good advice. I appreciate it. O I really love your works. Keep posting bro!

1 Like

My best writing friend was struggling to brainstorm what it might look like for her characters to access powerful magic. It was for ideas only so I didn’t try for quality, but had interesting results with my camera and laser pointer:

8 Likes

And when I saw the cat lying down the way he was I had to seize the opportunity for this:

11 Likes

Hey how do I work this APP lol

1 Like

There is a tutorial that you can start check the messages in you inbox

Put @discobot tutorial

I can hardly draw a stick figure but I can cook. Does that count? Lol.

2 Likes

I draw at stick figure level as well. But I do it anyways when I have absurd stream of consciousness riffs with my friend. She was teaching about microbes, and I made a comment, she made a comment, etc. and it turned into a drawing of euglena gossiping and cackling at a cocktail party. Also the drawing from the words “watermelon cauliflower/what a melancholy flower” (say them out loud) also turned out to be amusing.

1 Like

Why not? Cooking is an art. You can show here your most creative dishes

my last draft I did it with a pen of liquid ink

7 Likes

Trying to teach myself hand lettering. This is a friends favorite song lyric.

12 Likes

Another bird…

13 Likes

I love them! Do you have any bird flying? I mean did you draw birds flying?

1 Like

Actually, no I haven’t! I was looking for some of aspiration for today’s drawing. I’ll come back later! :grinning:

1 Like