Siatic nerve pain, its the worst!

Im 37, and having sciatic nerve pain down my right leg to my calf muscle. I have pain in my lower back and down my left butt check. I’ve been to see two neurosurgeons and one says surgery the other said i am to young to get plate and screews to fuse three discs. I’ve been getting SI joint injections for a year and they do help for about a month give or take. I know im hurting all the time, its really bad at night and in the morning. Im NOT on any pain meds per my request!!! Im not sure what to do, just tired of hurting.

I have that problem as well…

Mulla vähentyneet vähän. Jos noudattaisin pojan neuvoja niin olis varmaan vähentyneet enemmän. Luulen et mun uusi treeniohjelma auttaa…

THANK YOU, Ill give it a try!!!

Planned that for years…

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is relevant but physical therapy helped a lot with my back pain. I aslo had some siatic pain, shooting pain in lower back, butt and leg/hamstring.

I suffered with sciatica like you describe for 9 months after a back injury during a car accident. It was so bad that I felt constant pain and numbness all the way down my leg into my foot. It was the worst! It sent me into a tailspin of depression and constant drinking to numb the pain. After 9 months of physical therapy + injections and no relief, I had surgery. I was also 37 at the time. But I didn’t have a fusion. It was a microdiscectomy. They cut off the piece of the disc that was sitting on the nerve. I felt instant relief when I woke up from surgery. Surgery was my last option bc I had a number of injections that didn’t help at all. Nowadays I get sciatica once in a while but it feels better within a day or two if I take celebrex. It’s not a narcotic. It’s a prescription anti inflammatory drug like advil. Not habit forming. I thought it helped way better than percoset, which just made me fall asleep and did nothing for the actual pain. Maybe talk to your doctor about a less intense surgical option if PT and injections aren’t working. No one can endure that for too long and stay sane! I feel you and hope you get some relief soon!!!

2 Likes