Sleep methods

What are your best I haven’t been able to sleep great in almost 90 days what are yall best methods?

1 Like

I sometimes have trouble sleeping. I drink sleepytime tea from celestial seasonings, meditate and focus on breathing when trying to fall asleep. It really helps me with racing thoughts and insomnia. Hope you find something that helps.

4 Likes

Meditation right before bed and a valerian capsule.

1 Like

I do meditation in the evening and then as soon as I lay down in bed I do some breathing exercises (my Fitbit has a breathing feature on it for either 2 or 5 minutes). I’ve found that I can fall asleep in about 15 minutes now. And now that I’m not going to bed drunk I can almost always sleep through then night…no more 2 am insomnia. Of course bad dreams still wake me up.

I should add that my daughter has bad anxiety and has trouble falling asleep. She takes melatonin. I’m not sure how much it is actually helping or if it is just all in her head. All I know is when she takes it she falls asleep easily, but when she forgets she gets all anxious.

I am having bad anxiety and cant sleep much. Been reading alot about CBD oil etc. Bought a bottle of CBD gummies today. Will try it tonight.

1 Like

I have trouble sleeping every night, I get major anxiety on top of using dreams that are extremely vivid. I’ve been exercising during the day, an take a hot shower an make your bed extremely comfort. Sleeping aids don’t really work for me nor prescription sleeping pills make me very drowsy. I previously had 3 years of sobriety an knoticed around 6 months to one year that my sleeping pattern went back to normal. Try to stay away from caffeine an candy after 1pm an sleep at same time everyday will see help best of luck to you.

I was having trouble sleeping for a while especially after I stop taking adavan they gave me for my anxiety when I first got sober now I take melatonin at night it’s safe and you drift off smoothly but I suggest being careful if you have the tv on in the background it can give you really lucid dreams at first

They really relaxed me. I have trouble unwinding and these were amazing. I’m so tense about everything but this really let me calm down and sleep. Very therapeutic.

I tried melatonin but I thought it made me groggy the next day. How much do you take?

Well my friend gave me a gummy so I ate two. It kicked in in about an hour. It felt funny at first like my hands were tingly but I couldn’t really feel them. It was good.

8 think that was for me I don’t ever feel groggy the next day I usually take 20 mg dissolvable pills

1 Like

I used gummys for a bit but sometimes they give me anxiety

Sleepy time tea and essential oils in a diffuser.

Of melatonin or cbd?

I used a lot of sleep apps and sleep hypnosis videos on YouTube. I never drank caffeine after 7 or any refined sugars. The bedtime stories for adults usually put me out. I can fall asleep pretty much normally now, no more than a half hour, now I read a boring book until my eyes get tired. I think I started sleeping more human around 6 months or so. Best of luck.

1 Like

Melatonin I take it at night

1 Like