Sleep where art thou

I can’t sleep. Its really getting to the point where I’ve almost given into my addiction just to get some sleep. I hate this. I don’t want to give in. I want my sobriety. Why can’t I just sleep? Why can’t I be strong and keep fighting? I’m on day 18 and idk what to do. :confused:

2 Likes

Have you tried melatonin or other natural sleeping aids? I have allergies so I take Benadryl and it helps. Dont give in, 18 days is awesome I’m on day 9. Good luck!

1 Like

AHH I feel you there when I’ve detoxes off my methadone in past I didn’t sleep for weeks into months is a hell a coaster and yes it does make you feel like going bk out but that’s all it is is a feeling stick with it you got 18days so you have clearly proven to yourself that this is all possible what are you coming off if you don’t mind me asking

How are you doing?
Just gonna say, this is a thing. There are loads of threads on here dedicated to lack of sleep.
Best thing I found was not to get wound up because that really isn’t going to help at all.
Get up, make a cuppa herbal tea, I found chamomile useful.
Read a bit, watch a bit of TV. Anything to take your mind off it and relax a bit.
And yes look into taking a supplement of some sort of you think it would help.
I found a hot soak in the bath and a cuppa would relax me enough to sleep most times.
Didn’t stop me having night after night of broken sleep.
I found myself on here at 0 dark thirty talking to guys from the states who where just sitting down for their evening or who were just thinking about bed themselves. Had quite a few great conversations.

2 Likes

i work graveyard shift today is my day off to me this is daytime i like to use it as my advantage to hop on here and help others sleep is very important sleep is the brains recovery time cheers my friend

I’ve worked night shift in the past. 12 hour shifts. A long time ago. It really messes with the equilibrium. :grin::facepunch:

1 Like

Thank you everyone. It was a rough night, but at least I’m sober. I finally just passed out at 2 am. I take Melatonin, but I had taken like 10mgs and I wasn’t about to take anymore since it didn’t seem to help. I think getting up and putting a show on might help; I’ll have to try it tonight.

1 Like